11.

-
Baylen was finally allowed to leave the hospital. Currently, Billy and Dylan were with him. Dylan was signing his cast while Billy was helping him tie his shoes.

Baylen would do it, but he could barely move his arm. "Alright, all set." Billy told him

"I'm done too." Dylan announced, putting the cap back on the marker.

"Do I need to sit on the wheelchair?" Baylen questioned, and Billy nodded ,"Yeah, you do."

Baylen stood up, and Billy helped him to the wheelchair. Baylen made himself comfortable on it before the three of them left the hospital room.

"Hey, Papa, since Bay is out of the hospital today. Can we get pizza to celebrate?" Dylan questioned

Billy hummed, "I'll think about it." Dylan pouted. Billy chuckled, "Yeah, we'll get pizza on the way home, but first, we have to stop somewhere."

Baylen lifted his head, looking up at Billy,"where are we stopping first?"

"That's a secret." Billy replied. Baylen and Dylan shared a look before they walked out of the hospital or, in Baylen's case, got wheeled out.

"Wait here till I get the truck." Billy told them, and his son nodded. Both of them watched as he rushed away.

"Does it hurt?" Dylan questioned, poking the back of Baylen's head. "Ow! Yes, that hurt, and it just gave me a headache."

Dylan sheepishly smiled ,"Sorry." Baylen chuckled

"It's fine." Baylen said, standing up and stretching his body the best he could.

A truck stopped in front of them before Billy got out. "You two in the back, I'll take the wheelchair back inside." He told them.

The two nodded and got inside of the truck. Baylen struggled a bit to put his seat belt on.

Dylan reached out and helped him ,"Thanks, Dylan." Baylen reached out and ruffled Dylan's hair.

"No problem, bay."
- -
After a twenty minute drive, Billy finally stopped the car outside of a building.

"Papa, why are we at the animal shelter?" Dylan questioned, excitement in his voice.

"Cause we're getting a dog." Billy replied, "we are? Do mom and dad know about this?" Baylen questioned

"Yeah, they do, but nobody else does." Billy told him

"Come on! I want to see the dogs!" Dylan said,

It wasn't long before the three of them were inside looking at all the dogs.

Baylen stayed by Billy's side as Dylan ran around, looking at all the dogs.

Baylen glanced around, but one of the dogs caught his eye. It was a pit bill. It was wagging its tail, but Dylan skipped over him.

Billy chased after dylan and baylen stayed back, walking over to the pitbull. He crouched down

"Hey, girl, what's your name, sweetheart?" Baylen questioned, reaching his good hand inside of the cage and petting the pitbulls head.

"Her name is Lola, she's two years old." Baylen looked up seeing a worker, smiling at Lola.

"She's a sweet girl, but she's a pitbull, and most people don't like pitbulls. They think all of them are aggressive ," she told him

"Her previous owners abandoned her in an alleyway beaten. We were lucky to have found her before she bled to death."

Baylen frowned. How could there be such cruel people in the world?

"Baylen!" Baylen turned his head and saw Billy rushing over him with Dylan trailing behind.

"Jesus, kid. I thought you were right behind me, are you okay?" Billy questioned, crouching down next to baylen.

Baylen nodded, turning his head to Lola. "Papa, I want Lola." Lola wagged her tail and licked his hand.

"What's with the scars?" Dylan questioned, softly petting Lola.

"She was abused, Dylan." Baylen replied, and Dylan gasped, "what? Who would do that!?"

"Cruel people, that's who." Billy told him as he stood up.

"We want Lola."
- -
"We're home!" Billy announced, holding the door open for baylen, Dylan, and Lola.

"You guys are late.." Cassie trailed off ,"mom! We got a dog! Her name is Lola!" Dylan said with a smile before he frowned

"She was abused, and that's where she got her scars from." He added

"You guys got a dog!" Cassie announced, looking at Billy with a tight smile on her face.

Baylen glanced between the two, already guessing that his Papa probably never talked with his mom or dad about getting a dog.

"Is that a dog?" Tara questioned, coming down the stairs.

"I um brought pizza? Who wants pizza?" Billy questioned, with a nervous smile.

"Guys! We have a dog!" Tara announced and stu walked into the hallway , pausing

"We have a dog." He said, baylen petted Lola, grinning.

"Yep! Her name is Lola!"
---------------------------------

Word count - 771

Hope you enjoy!