10.

-
Chad peaked his head inside Baylen's hospital room. The tv in the room was on and playing an old movie. Baylen was fast asleep, and Chad walked into the room.

He has been worried about baylen all day. He sat down on the chair next to the hospital bed.

Baylen looked peaceful while he was sleeping. Baylen stirred before he opened his eyes, and his blue eyes met Chad's warm brown eyes.

"Chad?" Chad smiled at him, "Hey, Bay. How are you feeling?"

Baylen smiled a little, "Tired, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be like at school?"

Chad shrugged, "I wanted to check on you. You had me worried," Chad told him

"I'm fine," baylen told him, "how's G? Is anyone giving him any trouble?"

Chad shook his head. "No, Wes, Ben and I have been making sure he's alright, but liv is pretty much doing all the protecting," he chuckled

"Seriously, that girl has such a mouth on her. I was surprised by what came out of it. I was scared myself." He said, and baylen chuckled

"Thank you, Chad." Chad shrugged, his hand reaching out and holding Baylen's hand in his.

"You don't have to thank me. George is my friend too, plus he's pretty important to you and you'll be upset if anything happens to him." Chad said

"Your cast is so plain," he added, "we should do something about that." He reached into his bag and pulled out a marker.

Baylen watched as Chad gently grabbed his arm, and Baylen's heart started to beat faster, and it was embarrassing as the heart monitor beeped loudly.

"Are you okay?" Chad questioned, his worried eyes looking into Baylen's eyes.

"Y- yeah. I'm fine," baylen said, his cheeks tinting red. There was a knock on the door before a nurse popped her head inside.

"Is everything alright in here?" She questioned, her eyes darting between the two teenage boys.

"Yeah, everything is fine, nurse Julie." Baylen replied, his cheeks growing redder as nurse Julie smirked.

"Okay, if you need anything, just press the call button." With that, she disappeared.

"Done." Baylen looked down at his cast,

"Number one best friend " - Chad

Baylen let out a small giggle, and Chad smiled, lucky that he wasn't attached to a heart monitor or else it would start going crazy.

God, he was so in love with baylen. It hurt his heart. "Hey, um, bay. Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah," baylen said, and Chad cleared his throat, sitting up straighter. "Um, do you.. do you want to go on a date after you're released from the hospital and everything."

Baylen looked at him surprised before he nodded his head. "Y- yeah. I would love to."

"Awesome!" Chad fisted bumped the air, and baylen let out a small laugh. Baylen bit his bottom lip.

"Can..would you lay with me for a while?" Baylen questioned, and Chad nodded, blushing.

He laid beside baylen, who made room for him. Baylen rested his head on Chad's shoulder and looked at the tv.

"What's the movie playing on tv?" Chad questioned, and baylen blinked before lifting his head up and looking at Chad.

"You don't know the old Dracula?" Baylen asked, and Chad shook his head, "No. I had never watched it before."

"Where's the remote?" Baylen questioned, and Chad reached out and grabbed the remote, handing it to baylen.

"What are you doing?" Chad asked ,"rewinding it, duh. You have to watch it from the beginning." Baylen replied

Chad chuckled, fondly watching baylen. God, he loved him so much.
-----------------------------------
Word count - 600

Hope you enjoy!