15.

-
Baylen slowly opened his eyes. He heard a familiar loud beeping. He sat up, realizing that he was in the hospital again.

"Hey, hey, easy." Billy told him, and baylen looked at him ,"Papa? Why am I at the hospital?" Baylen questioned

Billy sighed ,"You passed out at school, bay." He crossed his arms ,"you lied to us, to me. Why?"

"I didn't lie, Papa. I'm fine." Baylen said, making him comfortable on the hospital bed.

"Stop saying that, baylen. You are not fine." Billy told him, running a hand through his hair as he sat down on the chair besides Baylen's hospital bed.

"Did you feel sick at all the last few days?" Billy questioned, and baylen nodded

"Felt nauseous, and my head hurts a lot."He replied, "Why?"

"The doctors said that you have a minor infection in your arm. Which caused the fever. Bay, you have to tell us when you are feeling sick, especially when you're hurt. You can't hide it," Billy told him

"I didn't want to be a burden." Baylen mumbled ,"You're not. You are not a burden. Don't you ever think that, bay."

Baylen sniffled, "Papa, my head really hurts." Billy stood up and ran his fingers through Baylen's hair.

"I know, kiddo. You're gonna feel better soon, I promise."
- -
"Shh! You're gonna get us caught." Chad whispered, turning to look back at his cousin.

"I'm just letting Abby know what we're doing." Connie whispered back

"Yeah, we're sneaking into a hospital, so Chad could see his boyfriend." Mindy whispered, smirking, and Chad rolled his eyes, slightly blushing.

"I'm just worried about him, alright?" Chad told them, and he could faintly hear Abby speaking on the phone.

"She asked if we at least have a getaway driver?" Connie whispered

"Wes is outside waiting in the car." Mindy said , "and you know this because he drove us here, dumbass." She added

"Ooh, right." Connie whispered before going to speak to Abby.

"You two wait here and don't draw any attention." Chad whispered before he opened the door and snuck inside of Baylen's room.

Baylen was asleep, and he looked peaceful. Chad felt relieved as he looked at baylen.

He wondered where his parents were, probably talking to a doctor, but he better hurry up.

He walked over and slightly brushed some of Baylen's hair to the side. Baylen slightly stirred, leaning into his touch.

"Get better, bay. I'll come back tomorrow." Chad whispered before he leaned down and pressed a kiss to his head.

With a sigh, Chad left the room and rounded the corner just in time as Baylen's parents came back.

"Oh, shit. That was close," Mindy whispered ,"how is he?" She questioned as the three quickly walked out of the hospital.

"He's sleeping, but I think he's fine." Chad replied ,

"You sound worried," Connie told him ,"why?" She asked as they reached Wes car.

Wes was startled as the three got inside of his car. "Hey, how was bay?" He questioned, starting up the car.

"He's fine, but Chad's still worried about him." Mindy answered

"Of course, that's his boyfriend in the hospital." Wes said as he started to drive

"He's not my boyfriend." Chad told them, and everyone looked at him

"Yet!"
- -

"How are the kids at home?" Billy questioned, flipping through channels on the TV.

"All sleeping, Randy set up the alarm already, and will you quit that? Just pick a channel." Cassie replied

Billy tsk, "There's nothing good on it." He said

"You should sleep. You haven't been sleeping well." Stu told him, and Billy sighed.

"I can't sleep." He said, tapping his finger against the side of the remote.

"Go two channels up, and the old godzilla is playing." Baylen mumbled, and his parents turned to look at him.

"Did we wake you?" Cassie asked, "No. My brain pounding against my skull did." Baylen replied

Cassie used the back of her hand and pressed it against Baylen's head. "You're warmer than before." She said, worried.

"Does that mean my fever got worse?" Baylen questioned, "I'll get the doctor." Stu announced before walking out of the hospital room.

It was only a minute before stu came back in with the doctor. "Can you move your fingers for me, baylen?" She questioned

Baylen let out a small groan, shaking his head, "hurts a lot."

"Okay, I'm going to remove your cast. It's probably an infection from the outside and not from the inside."

Baylen closed his eyes, "I think I'm gonna be sick."
------------------------------
Word count - 757

Hope you enjoy!