4.

-
The next day, everything seemed to be fine. Billy didn't find anything out of the ordinary, but that didn't stop him from being on guard.

The kids were chatting as they ate breakfast. It was never quiet with the kids around.

"I have officially lost my phone." Baylen announced as he entered the dining room.

"You sure that you checked everything?" Cassie questioned, and baylen nodded

"Of course, I did, mom. I checked everywhere." Baylen said, sitting down next to Dylan. He stole a piece of bacon from him, dipping it in syrup.

"When was the last time you had it?" Billy questioned, taking a sip of his coffee.

"In the living room. I placed it down on the coffee table after I finished texting with my friends. It was fully charged, and the volume was high. I didn't touch it afterward." Baylen replied

"Did you ask Dylan? He was with you." Tara spoke up

"I didn't take baylen phone." Dylan defended himself ,"Yeah, he didn't. He was the first person I asked after Harvey called my phone. He didn't take it, and I believe him." Baylen said

"Did you try tracking it?" Stu questioned, "I did, but it didn't show up at all." Evelyn replied

"I never turned off my location on my phone. It's always on," baylen said, "it's so weird, though. It's like my phone grew legs and walked away."

"Well, see if we can find your phone, if we can't. We'll get you a new one." Cassie told him, and baylen shrugged.

"I don't really need one. I rarely used mine." He said. Looking at his watch, he stood up.

"I gotta get going. I promised Ben that I would ride the bus with him. Bye!" Baylen rushed off, grabbing his school bag on the way out.

"You know since bay is gone. You can just fess up already." Tara told Dylan.

"I didn't take his phone! Maybe it was the shadow person," Dylan said

"The shadow person?" Stu asked, and Dylan nodded his head. "Uh-huh. Yesterday, I saw a person standing in the shadows in this room. I didn't say anything cause I was scared, and then Bay came back into the living room."

"What happened afterward?" Billy questioned, "I didn't tell bay. I mean, we were watching horror movies, and he let me stay up past my bedtime! The shadow person was still there, though." Dylan said

"Then Tara and Harvey showed up, and the shadow person was gone. I don't know what happened afterward cause I was in my room, but I do know that bay phone was on the coffee table when I ran off." He finished

"What if someone was in the house?" Everyone looked at Evelyn. "I mean," Baylen said he heard creaking from the dining room like someone was walking around. Then the sliding doors slammed, and the fence door was opened again after baylen closed it and locked it. What if someone was in the house and took Baylen's phone?"

"Why would someone just break into our house just steal a phone?" Tara questioned, "especially Baylen's?"

Billy, Stu, and Cassie shared a look. "Why don't you guys start getting ready? I'll drive you guys to school?" Cassie told them.

The teens mumbled but walked out of the dining room. "I'll see if I can find baylen phone." Billy said, standing up.

"it has to be here somewhere."
- -
"Bay seems worried." Baylen glanced at George, who sat on the next seat beside him.

"Oh, yeah. Got a few things on my mind, George." Baylen replied with a soft smile , "Bay nose is red?" Baylen softly chuckled

"Connie punched me, George." Baylen fully turned to look at George, leaning forward a bit.

"Hey, bay. Why are you talking to that freak?" Lance questioned, and baylen glanced at him.

"Don't call him that. Sit down, your body is blocking the bus driver view of the back." Baylen told him before looking at George.

"Don't mind him, G. Did you do last night's homework? Wanna go over it?" Baylen questioned, and George nodded, smiling and giggling.

"I like it when you call me G. Makes me feel special." Baylen chuckled ,"well, I'm gonna call you G from now on."

"Hey, George, can I copy your homework?" Ben questioned, "didn't you do it?" George questioned

"Nah, I got busy with some chick." Ben replied, "with a chicken? Where did you get a chicken?" George questioned, and baylen let out a small laugh.

"What? Not a chicken, George. A girl."
----------------------------
Word count - 760

Hope you enjoy!