𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘

2x07, Chuck In Real Life

THE NIGHTS HAD dragged on over the week. Jasmine had felt like a shell without her piano or sheet music. Bart was true to his word and removed her from Miss Gates' class. She hated it. All of it. 

Chuck and Serena had watched Jasmine move through the house like a ghost. She didn't talk to anyone. She barely left the house unless it was for school. They were beginning to grow worried but when they would try to be there for Jasmine she'd just push them away. It wasn't like her at all. 

Bart had gone away on business right after Jasmine had gotten back from Yale so luckily she didn't have to see him. But his rules were still set in place. All of the pianos were removed from The Palace. In school, she wasn't allowed to use the piano in the music room because she wasn't enrolled in any music classes. He had gotten his way. 

Just like Jasmine had been all week she sat solemnly at the breakfast table. She picked around at her plate with slightly shaky hands. Without being able to use music as her outlet for her emotions she's felt anxious. She's tried to write down her music but not being able to hear how it sounds on the piano is killing her. 

"Jasmine, honey, are you alright?" Lily's question didn't pull Jasmine's attention one bit. 

Chuck glanced over at his sister as she was sitting beside him. He knew about their father's decision to get rid of Jasmine's piano and her sheet music. He was rightfully mad at their father. But it was killing him to see Jasmine like this. 

"Jasmine." Charles gently placed his hand over one of Jasmine's timid ones. But before he could ask her if she was alright Serena sauntered into the dining room.

"Why are you all so quiet?" The blonde looked over the table. 

The reason for everyone's muted forms strode in from the kitchen. 

"Good morning." Bart greeted. He came and took his seat beside Lily. The older woman looked between Bart and Jasmine with a mournful expression. 

Serena came and took the empty seat on the other side of Jasmine. The brunette didn't even acknowledge Serena's presence beside her. She instead continued staring down at her plate. 

"Bart, you're back early." Serena pointed out. 

"My last round of meetings wrapped up sooner than expected," Bart informed the girl. 

Chuck relaxed in his seat. "Rushing home to the family. How long's this layover?" 

Bart undid his napkin and settled it into his lap as he said, "Didn't Lily tell you? I'm here for the long haul."