𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

2x12, It's a Wonderful Lie

THING HAVE ENTERED a new normal for Jasmine. She still hasn't gotten her piano privileges back from Bart yet. So she has been avoiding Bart at every single turn. He would just so happen to be leaving for work when Jasmine leaves to go to school so she sometimes gets stuck with him in the elevator. She's even tried leaving later but he still manages to get her trapped in the elevator with him. 

Bart had tried coming to the girl a few weeks ago to talk to her and Chuck directly. He had hoped for a new start between them, but Jasmine turned him away. She didn't want to hear a word of whatever nonsense came from his mouth. She knew he could say one thing and go back to acting like the same coldhearted man he'd always been her entire life. 

But on the upper side of things, Nate was finally back in the tax bracket he'd been born into. His family had finally gotten their money back with help from Chuck, Vanessa, and Jasmine.  

But that wasn't the only interesting thing that has happened in the past few weeks. Lily found out Bart had been keeping secret files on her and her children. Things have been icy between the richest couple on the Upper East Side ever since. 

"Miss Bass, please." Mrs. Gates rolled her eyes as she saw the young Bass girl making her way over to her. 

Jasmine shook her head. She reached into her purse and pulled out a sleek back folder that was tied closed with an elegant silver bow. "I'm done trying to beg you to add me back into your class. So instead I'm here to gift these to you." She handed the woman the folder with a broad smile. 

Mrs. Gates took the folder with apprehension. She undid the ribbon and opened the folder. She gasped in shock. "J-Jasmine, this is—" 

"Richard Wagner's originals that haven't seen the light of day since he died. No one has ever heard those compositions." Jasmine pointed to the notes scribbled on the foot of the pages. 

"This is too much." The woman closed the folder and tried to pass it back to the girl. "I can't accept this." 

Jasmine pushed the folder towards her teacher. "This is the best way I could apologize for bothering you all year. It's also my way of showing my appreciation for you." She let out a soft breath as she glanced around the practically empty hallway. "Without you, I would have never stepped out of my comfort zone." 

"You my dear are an impressive young woman. It was an honor to hear you play and even more so to hear your harmonious voice." Mrs. Gates didn't hesitate to pull Jasmine into a hug.