𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

2x08, Pret-a-Poor J

IT HAD BEEN over a month since Jasmine had been forbidden her music. Bart and Jasmine steered clear of each other. Jasmine had tried keeping herself busy with schoolwork. 

The girl now sat by herself in the library at school. She had piles of stupid business management and marketing books sprawled out in front of her. She wanted to throw them all out of a window. 

"Hey..." 

She looked up to find a lingering Dan Humphrey. She cocked up a brow as she stared up at him. 

Dan fumbled with his bag as he took the open seat beside Jasmine. "I am here on a mission." 

"And what mission is that, Humphrey?" Jasmine asked. Her tone was pure boredom. 

"My dad asked me to find you," Dan explained. 

Jasmine flipped through her business management book while waiting for the boy to go on. 

"He, uh, he wanted to know if you would perform for his art show," Dan said. 

Jasmine's eyes darted over to him. She was shocked. "He what?" 

"Just call him. He will explain all the details." Dan anxiously tapped his fingers against the table. 

Jasmine shook her head. "I can't. I haven't played in over a month. I can't play in front of a crowd when I haven't even played in private. This is too much." 

Dan looked around the library to see a few students glancing over at the girl's mental breakdown. "Uh, Jasmine, you can do this. I remember when we first met and you dropped your music sheets. I saw some of the notes you'd written on the paper. I also know that you managed to get into Miss Gates' AP Music Theory class. That's not something easy to do. So talent like that just doesn't fade away because you haven't practiced." 

"Really?" Jasmine felt her shoulders shrink in a little. She was nervous. 

"Just call my dad. He'll go over all the details." Dan patted the table as he stood from it. He then turned and left the girl to herself. 

She hadn't even been in the proximity of a piano and yet she was really considering doing the opening. This was crazy. Absolutely crazy. 

"JASMINE! YOU'RE HERE." Rufus ushered the girl into the apartment.