The beginning

Ehmel

I slowly opened my eyes, blinking away the sleep. I could feel the sunrays streaming through my window, and I knew it was going to be a beautiful day. I was just about to drift back to sleep when my phone started ringing. I groggily put it on silent and rolled over, trying to ignore it.

After a few moments, my mother came into my room. "Wake up, sweetheart," she said. "It's already five minutes past your alarm." "Ammi, five minutes won't make a difference," I mumbled, burying my head in the pillow.

" "Ammi, five minutes won't make a difference," I mumbled, burying my head in the pillow

"I have some good news," she said, her voice was full of excitement. "If you knew, you'd be jumping on the bed!" I sat up, suddenly wide awake. "What is it?" I asked eagerly. "Your best friend's getting married!"she said. "And you're invited to her wedding!"

My heart leapt with joy. I had been dreaming of this day for so long. I couldn't believe it was finally here. I jumped out of bed and hugged my mother, my excitement bubbling over

Raha is my best friend from childhood, our families are friends as my father is her father's best friend. We grew up in the same neighborhood, went to the same school and did everything together.

After college, Raha's family moved to Islamabad and I was sad that we wouldn't see each other as often. But our friendship has persevered, and I still talk to her almost every day.

We keep in touch through phone calls, texts, and FaceTime. Even though we are thousands of miles apart, we still share the same memories, laugh at the same jokes, and help each other out when we need it.

As I took my phone, I saw that Raha had left me 5 missed calls. I was filled with both excitement and disbelief at the same time, so without waiting a second I immediately called her back. Before she could say anything, I blurted out in excitement, "Oh my god Raha, I can't believe you're getting married!"Raha let out a laugh on the other end of the line and said, "Oh my sweet Ehmel, yes I'm finally getting married!"

We both shared a moment of joy and excitement as we discussed the details of her wedding plans. Raha was overjoyed as she told me about all the plans she had made for the big day.

Joy bubbled up inside me as I hung up the phone with Raha. I couldn't believe what I'd just heard - My best friend is getting married! Excitement coursed through me and I quickly made my way to the bathroom to take a shower, When I came down, my parents were sitting in the living room. They both had a warm smile on their faces, which only served to increase my eagerness.

My father broke the silence with a grin: "Ehmel sweetheart, we're going to Islamabad tomorrow! Our flight is early in the morning!" It felt like I was dreaming. Was this really happening? I screamed in delight, delighted by this news.

"Ehmel, let's go and do some shopping for the wedding," my mother suggested. "You can pick out something special for yourself too!"

We were out the door in no time, and soon found ourselves among the bustling shops and stores of the mall. I took my time, carefully selecting the most beautiful, traditional dresses and matching accessories before turning to my parents with a satisfied nod.