I was so mesmerized by her

Ehmel

"Let's go, everyone must be worried," Salar said. I nodded in agreement and we rushed into the resort, eager to see our family who were surely worried about us.

As soon as we stepped into the lobby, we were greeted by the sound of my mother's relieved cries. She rushed over to hug me, and I could feel the emotion in her embrace.

As I hugged my mother, I heard a voice from behind. I turned around to see Raha, looking concerned. "Girl, do you know how worried we were?" she queried.

I rushed to hug her tightly. "I'm so sorry, Raha," I apologized. "No, I'm sorry. It's my fault. I should have seen whether you were here or not." she said, "I thought you were with Uncle and Aunty." Then my mother chimed in, "And we thought you were with Raha." We both laughed and hugged each other again,

Just then, Raha's mother interjected with an exciting announcement, "Okay kids, now you guys go and freshen up and take some rest, there is Dholki tonight." (an Asian musical event)

The sound and energy of her voice instantly brought smiles to our faces. As I followed Raha's mother up the stairs to the room where I would be staying, I sensed the feeling of warmth in her heart. The room was already made up and cozy, and I was grateful for the comfort and hospitality that Raha's mother always provided.

later that evening.

My eyelids were heavy, begging for rest. It had been a long day and I had to be ready for Raha's dholki soon. With a groan, I collapsed onto my bed, giving in to the need for sleep.

When I woke up, I felt refreshed and ready to start getting ready. I knew tonight would be a special night, and I wanted to make sure my outfit was perfect. I quickly changed into a yellow embroidery kameez shalwar, smiling to myself as I admired how well it fit.

 I quickly changed into a yellow embroidery kameez shalwar, smiling to myself as I admired how well it fit

I then added some light jewelry and put on some makeup. "Wow, I look great!" I said to myself. "I can't wait to see everyone at the dholki," I grabbed my bag and headed out the door, my heart pounding with excitement. I could already hear the sound of the dholki in the distance.

Salar

Today is my sister's Dholki and I am so excited! I had chosen a maroon coloured kameez shalwar to wear for the dholki.

After I got ready, I headed to the venue where the dholki was going to take place

The place was full of people, laughter, and music. As I looked around the venue, I didn't know why, but my eyes were searching for a particular person, Ehmel. A voice in my head asked me, "What's wrong with you, Salar? Why are you thinking about that witch?"

Then, as I looked around, my eyes fell upon raha, she was looking like a princess. Seeing my little sister about to be married made me get teary-eyed. I thought to myself, "Yes, she is getting married."

Taking a deep breath, I went forward to greet the guests as I stepped towards the door. My eyes locked with Ehmel's as she was walking in the venue. She was looking astonishingly beautiful and my gaze couldn't displace from her.

As her eyes met mine, I suddenly looked away. I didn't know why I was so mesmerized by her. I had to remind myself that she was Ehmel, the girl I hated the most. I shook away the weird feeling and went to join my friends. The dholki had already begun and everyone was dancing and singing.

I felt a bit out of place in that moment - I wasn't one to enjoy these types of things. But, I still decided to stay and enjoy the atmosphere of the night anyway.

When I saw Ehmel coming my way, I knew what she was going to say. "Devil, why aren't you joining everyone else?" she said with a scolding look "Witch I don't like these stupid things," I replied, rolling my eyes.

Ehmel's expression softened a bit. "It's your sister's wedding and you're behaving like a guest. Can't you see how happy she is?" she asked. "You always want to spoil everything, devil," she continued.

I groaned. "Oh hello miss, please," I said, "I don't like these ridiculous things. Just get out of my way and leave me be," I said as I walked away.

I could see the disappointment in Ehmel's face as I walked away. I knew she was right, I was acting like a spoiled kid. but I just couldn't bring myself to join in the festivities. I felt like an outsider, like I didn't belong. I wished I could have been more supportive of my sister, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

After taking a short break, I decided to go to the food counter to grab something to eat. As I was approaching, I saw Ehmel eating Pani puri, (an Asian street food)

It was obvious that she was relishing the delicious snack as her mouth was full with Pani puri. The sight of her eating the snack so pleasantly made her look so cute that I couldn't help but keep staring at her.

She was enjoying each and every bite of the Pani puri. She had a blissful smile playing on her face as she was enjoying her snack.

Thanks for reading my story! Your support means a lot, so please don't forget to vote and leave a comment if you can. I'd really appreciate it!