30. Hidden pains.

30 chapters adorables🥳
It's been quite a journey so far. Things are falling into place and some memories are being revealed. There is more to come on SBM that will leave a smile on your face with every chapter, In sha Allah and I hope that the lessons in the story are well received.
🥺🥺 Jazakumullahu Khair for your support so far. I love it and love it and love it. 500+ reads! I shout this every day guys. You are the best. Don't forget to check out The Princess of Bloom. It's fast-paced and adorable too.
❤️❤️❤️ Enjoy.

Safiyya stood up fast and rushed to the doctor with Alfred.
"How's Joseph?" Alfred asked. Safiyya also looked at Doctor Collins nervously.

Doctor Collins waved his hand and said, "He is back to normal, although the seizure did cause him a headache."

"Can I see him now?" Alfred inquired but Doctor Collins shook his head. "I'm sorry Mr. Hill but you can't see him now. Joseph mentioned that he doesn't want to see his father but his mother. I don't remember you saying that his mother was alive but he seems frantic to meet her and for his well-being now, I think he should do."

Alfred couldn't help but send a side glance at Safiyya who quickly avoided him and spoke to the doctor. "I'm his mother. Can I see him?"

"Repeat that statement," Alfred snapped at her.

Doctor Collins looked at the two of them and said, "If she is the one that Joseph wants to meet, I think she should see him now. I need to have a word with you, Mr. Hill,"

Alfred took a deep breath and nodded, not forgetting to send a warning glare at Safiyya as Doctor Collins led him to his office. Safiyya didn't mind though and gently opened the door.

Immediately Joseph saw his mother, that up and she rushed to him and engulfed him in an embrace. Allah knew that she was scared by what happened.

"I'm sorry," Joseph's timid voice sounded in her ears.

"What are you saying? Don't apologize," she shook her head and cupped his face. "You are fine now," she gave him a tight smile.

"I don't want you and Dad to fight," he said and lowered his head. "You fought because of me. All the kids are right. I'm a bad kid,"

"Shush it, Yousef. Don't say that," Safiyya said raising his chin. Her green orbs bore into his and she added, "My Yousef is not a bad boy. I love you a lot and can't stand you saying such things about yourself. And…I wasn't fighting with your dad. It was just a small misunderstanding."

"But daddy doesn't like you," Joseph pouted.

Safiyya shrugged and told him enthusiastically,
"I know that and when someone doesn't like you, you make them,"

"How would we do that?" Joseph asked curiously with shining eyes and she smiled mischievously. 

Meanwhile, Alfred sat with Doctor Collins in the office.
"Joseph was kidnapped and must have shocked him but this seizure was caused by something more. Can you tell me about it Mr. Hill?" the doctor asked.

Since this has gotten serious, Alfred had no choice but to tell Doctor Collins what was going on.

"If Joseph can find peace of mind with that woman, why can't you just let him? It might even aid his recovery," the doctor reasoned.

"I don't want that woman anywhere close to my son," Alfred stated coldly.

Doctor Collins took his glasses off and said, "Just because Joseph's mother was cruel to him doesn't mean that any Muslim you meet is the same. Think about your son, Alfred."

"I am not interested in hearing that!" Alfred said detested with the memory.

"Do you know how serious this is?!" the doctor also raised his voice and calmed down. "You are lucky that your son found someone that he can rely on. Many single parents out there struggle to get such opportunities. No one is asking you to marry that girl or something but just let her take care of Joseph for now. Your actions of locking him up have strained his brain and it ended up with a seizure. What if it happened when no one was there? You know what it means and…."

Doctor Collins took a deep breath and continued, "You know how it feels to be a victim of autism, and for a child that is already suffering from mental health, autism will be very dangerous for Joseph,"

Alfred jerked and he asked, "Is my son showing signs of autism?" He can't handle that if it happens.

"I hate to say this but Joseph is showing that from the reports you give me. And if he doesn't communicate with his father, do you think he will with his friends at school?" Doctor Collins said.

Alfred looked helpless and buried his face in his palms. Only he knows what battle he is fighting inwardly. Only he knows what he felt when his son's mother threw her son on the ground. Only he knows the pain he felt when his heart was broken mercilessly and the pain of watching his baby suffer every day. Their lives took a drastic turn just because of one woman.

'My religion says I should be nice you say? Well, that's another problem. Who still believes in that huh? How many of my people are still beloved in the religion? We just keep our name as Muslims because of our parents who still foolishly keep their beliefs. But when no one is watching me, why should I keep the pretense? I am sick and tired of everything. Just because I got married doesn't mean I should give birth or take care of a stupid child!'

'I have no idea what demon got into my head and made me get closer to you and end up in this mess. Maybe it was because you were smart and rich but now, I regret it with all my heart. My freedom is lost, and so is my life. Why did I get dragged into this hell called marriage?'

'This is not a child but a curse. Holding him in was hell, giving birth to him was worse and now you want me to take care of him? Hell no! He can die all I care. Nothing will make me happier than you two leaving my life!'

The hurtful and unbelievable words haunt his mind almost every day like a nightmare. He hardly trusts anyone, much less a Muslim. How can it be easy for him to let his son be with another again?

Doctor Collins said to him, "You can keep an eye on her if you are scared that she will hurt Joseph. I know it's hard but you have to try. If you are keen on getting another nanny, he would surely revolt, and then what again? Do you change another? Even common kids will be traumatized by this much less Joseph. Think about it,"

Alfred breathed for a while and raised his head. "I will think about it doctor. I will check up on Joseph now,"

"Okay," the doctor smiled and Alfred left for the ward room. He held the doorknob and slowly pushed the door open. The sight before him made him freeze. Joseph was already sleeping peacefully, cuddled into Safiyya on the bed. She held him closely while stroking his hair slowly with a beautiful smile adorning her face.

Anyone would think she was this biological mother. He had done his check on her and knew that she didn't have any ulterior motive towards them. That day was the first day that she met Joseph.

"Can such a kind-looking woman be what she looks like or is she just pretending like the others? What if she hurts Joseph again just because I made a mistake of trusting her?" he thought with so much struggle going on in his mind.

It was like she felt the gaze and Safiyya raised her head. She can see different emotions in those blue eyes; confusion, hurt, and hate. What is he hiding that makes him hate her so much?