Chapter 10: Roommates (not your typical drama)

Yeji's POV

The moment we arrived at the private resort owned by Lia's family, I was immediately struck by its breathtaking beauty.

The grand entrance, with its opulent architecture and stunning natural surroundings, left me in awe.

The welcoming smiles of the resort staff only added to the sense of paradise that surrounded us.

Lia's parents appeared before us, their presence exuding warmth as her mother greeted us with grace, saying, "Welcome to our beach resort."

Expressing our gratitude, I replied, "Thank you for inviting us."

Lia's mother beamed and kindly added, "Our pleasure."

Yuna couldn't contain her excitement and burst out, "I'm so excited!"

Lia's parents mirrored her enthusiasm, assuring us, "We're glad."

Lia's father, eager to play the role of tour guide, suggested, "But first, let me show you to your respective rooms."

Ryujin agreed without hesitation, saying, "Alright."

However, Lia's mother playfully injected a twist, saying, "But there's a slight catch-you should be roommates."

Chaeryeong didn't bat an eye and readily agreed, "That's fine."

Lia happily chimed in, "Yeah, and my roommate is Ryujin."

Lia's father decided to join in on the playful banter, teasing his daughter, "No, you're wrong. You'll be staying with us."

Lia pouted and asked in mock indignation, "Why?"

Laughter filled the air as Lia's parents shared an amused look, clearly relishing the opportunity to tease their daughter.

As for the room assignments, they were arranged as follows: I.N. and Minho would share a room, while Ryujin and I would be roommates. Chaeryeong and Yuna, equally excited about the prospect, would also be sharing a room.

Yuna, brimming with excitement, couldn't hold back her enthusiasm as she cheerfully exclaimed, "Yes, that's fine! I love it!"

With that, she dashed off ahead, setting the tone for a joyful and laughter-filled stay at Lia's family's luxurious resort.

As we made our way to our designated room, Ryujin sidled up to me and whispered, "I guess we're staying in the same room."

I responded with a playful smirk, "Yeah, I guess I have to deal with your mess."

Ryujin feigned offense, protesting, "I'm not messy."

Unable to resist teasing her further, I raised my voice a bit and declared, "Yes, you are!"

Chaeryeong, who had been listening to our banter, rolled her eyes and sighed, "My gosh, this again."

As we entered our room, Ryujin wasted no time and dashed toward one of the beds, triumphantly proclaiming, "This is where I will stay."

I casually strolled over to the other bed, claiming it as well. "No one's fighting for that place. I actually love it here."

Ryujin, adopting a faux nonchalant tone, muttered, "Oh, all right, all right, whatever you say."

I insisted, "I'm telling the truth."

Ryujin, not backing down, retorted, "I don't care."

I huffed in mock frustration, muttering to myself, "This is so frustrating."

Ryujin smirked and reminded me, "It's not like we've never slept in the same bed."

I clarified, "We're not sleeping in the same bed here."