42. Reunited

Steven is seen standing alone, half-dressed, in a dark room, as he begins to sing

"♫ Mom was a Diamond who invaded Earth, saw its beauty, and its worth. Mom made an army and she fought herself. Did that even end up mattering when she faked her own shattering? ♫"

Steven walks up to the bathroom sink, applies shaving cream on his face and shaves off the single facial hair on his chin.

"♫ Mom lived in hiding by the name of Rose, with the friends she made and the form she chose. Now all that's left of her exists in me, and I think that we can all agree... ♫"

Steven washes his face and glances down sadly at his gemstone, before buttoning up his shirt.

"♫ That is a little bit upsetting. ♫ I'd rather think about... a wedding! ♫" Steven slides out of the bathroom happily into the Beach House, where Greg and the Crystal Gems are preparing the wedding.

"♫ Let's think about cake. Let's think about flowers. Let's think about dressing up and dancing around for hours. There's an awful lot of awful things we could be thinking of, but for just one day let's only think about love~ ♫"

Just then, Sapphire, sitting on Steven's bed, covers her eye with her hands, as Ruby walks in with her hands covering her eyes too.

"Okay, Sapphire. I gotta get dressed for our big day now, so no peeking! And no future vision either!" Ruby smiles lovingly at Sapphire

Sapphire giggles "Okay!"

"Oh, Steven. I just wish I could've said some things sooner about Rose, and Pink." Pearl says to Steven

"♫ We could think about lies, that we told in the past. ♫"

"They took it so hard."

"♫ You could think about hurt feelings and how long they can last. ♫"

"How can you move on?"

"♫ Or we could think about hope! ♫"

"Hope?"

"♫ You know I've been hoping! ♫"

"About what?"

"♫ That everything's better now everything's out in the open! ♫"

Steven places Pearl's top hat on her hat and smiles at her. He then steps outside the house to find Bismuth on the porch, wearing a suit of armor.

"Bismuth, is that what you're wearing to the wedding?" Steven asks Bismuth

"It's the nicest thing I own." Bismuth flexes, causing spikes to pop out of her shoulder-plates

"Lookin' sharp! ♫ We could think about flowers. We could think about cake. We could think about wonderful promises we have the power to make. There's an awful lot of awful things we could be thinkin' of. But for just one day, let's only think about love!~ ♫"

Steven walks down onto the beach to assist Amethyst in decorating the wedding altar with pink roses.

"Maybe I shouldn't have picked up roses. Might be a little controversial."

Steven looks at the roses sadly "♫ We could all rethink, how we feel about Rose. When it comes to Pink and the things that she did in the past, I suppose. ♫"

"Yeah."

"♫ Or we could both feel better, 'cause we could think about how, we could think about us, and we could think about now! ♫" Steven playfully punches Amethyst's shoulder and they dance together for a while.

"Well, if we don't use these, we're gonna need something else." Amethyst thinks

"No worries! Peridot and Turquoise gathering more flowers right now. I'll go get them." Steven says reassuringly