Chapter 6: The matchmaking

Veer

I can't believe it, Nakul was really planning to run with Arya - his girlfriend. All because of her friend.

How can anyone suggest something like this to her friend. Does she not care about her family at all and advices others to do something like this as well.

After telling Ashu to make sure that everything will be ready once I reach the office, I left my penthouse, the weight of anticipation heavy on my shoulders. As I drove towards the familiar meeting spot, thoughts of Nakul, Arya, and her mysterious friend clouded my mind.

In the daytime haze, I found them, Nakul and Arya, accompanied by Arya's best friend. I didn't know her name or her, only recognising her as the one who stood by Arya's side through thick and thin. The mask she wore obscured her identity, adding an air of mystery to the situation.

I was also wearing a mask myself because if I would be seen her like this, it will be in the headlines by Tommorow morning.

As I neared, I saw Nakul, Arya, and the enigmatic friend. The urgency in her actions, her insistence on a drastic decision, heightened my concern.

Nakul and Arya greeted me with a nod, while Arya's friend didn't even acknowledged my presence.

I too ignored her and ushered Nakul aside, away from the enigmatic girl, hoping to reason with him since she was already talking to Arya.

"Listen, Nakul," I urged, "This isn't the right way. There has to be another solution, a way that doesn't jeopardize everything."

As I spoke, I noticed Arya's friend persistently trying to convince her of taking this step.

I couldn't shake the feeling that I had encountered her before, her eyes and voice hauntingly familiar.

Was there some reason that she was doing something like this, But Nakul said that they know her quite well and she isn't someone who will do all this for money or suggest them to run away just so she could give the news to media company.

Nakul told me about how he talked to his family but they just won't listen to him and Arya's parents even went to the extent of locking her in.

He tried to make me understand that this was the only way while I objected his decision.

"Running away won't solve anything," I emphasized, my words met with resistance.

I gave the girl a frustrated look as I tried my best to make Nakul understand the consequences of their actions.

In the midst of our conversation, the mysterious girl took Nakul to her side while Arya came to talk to me.

Woahh! She is really clever, because she can't convince Arya, she is trying her best to convince Nakul as well.

I decided to make Arya understand as I said, "Arya, this isn't what you both should do, we can find a solution. Trust me."

She nodded at me and I almost did a happy dance in my mind but the next second she told me how she tried every way but their parents just won't agree to their relationship.

The girl has successfully brainwashed them into thinking that there was no way other than running away together even though this was the worst decision ever.

Does Nakul not care about his and his family's reputation at all. It will ruin their name and Arya's as well.

I relieved a sigh in frustration as Nakul came back to my side and informed me that he was going to do this and requested me to take care of the things at his home just for two days.