Chapter 28: The rituals

Veer

I punched the wall with as much force as I could. Who the fuck gave her the permission to come back in our lives? My life?

We were fine without her, she did not need to come back amd especially not to flex her new family and the kids she adores so much.

My eyes were stinging but I wasn't going to cry. Veer Singh Raichand doesn't cry.

No one in my family is upset at her, they keep justifying her and alright, I get it. I get their love for her and I can forget everything for a moment but what about her abandoning us, abandoning me and Jyeshtha? Did she not realise that we needed her? She ran away like the coward she is.

And guess what? She did not come back out of love or affection for me and Jyeshtha but because her husband, Mr. Khanna is going to do business with us.

As if he is going to get that chance ever.

This deal is not going to happen. I looked at Anya, their daughter and I felt nothing. A little jealous maybe, because she got the love that I and Jyeshtha should have gotten but I also know that it's not her fault but that does not mean that I have anything to do with her.

I looked at Irisha, she was crying in Dad's arms and her tears were doing me no good. The ache in my heart only intensified more every second her tears fell.

I informed my Driver of the change of plans and my family circled me telling me that I should come home but that was not happening.

I left my home because it reminded me of her then how can I go back there knowing she is coming along.

I looked at Badi ma and said, "Badi ma shadi meri aur Isha ki thi, isilie decision ham dono ne lia but agar aap chahti hai aapka beta aur bahu ghar aae to inhe khiye ki uss ghar me inke lie koi jagah nhi hai."

"You won't come?" She asked, tears in her eyes as I looked away and gave her a nod. I didn't stay with them for a second longer because I knew if a single tears falls from her eyes I will give in.

Mrs. Khanna came towards me and tried to talk to me but I paid her no attention and went towards my car.

Rakshit was finally back amd it looks like he was late because he was trying to find some letter. He gave it to Irisha as both of them cried and I looked away.

All the crying session was getting to me and it was the first time I wasn't feeling annoyed with so much noise around me.

I leaned on the car and pulled out my phone, the news of India's two most eligible bachelor getting married was all over the country.

I closed my phone and put it back in my pocket knowing I wasn't going to find anything other than that. I closed my eyes and decided to wait giving everyone the time they needed.

Aditya and Riya di had already left so it was our turn but Mrs. Khanna had to create a drama.

I wish I could give her a peace of my mind but doing that will hurt my family and I don't want that.

I felt someone coming towards me and realised it was Sia bhabhi as soon as she spoke, "Veer it's a special day for you and Irisha, I know that this is hard for you but please don't let it ruin this day for you two."

I opened my eyes and looked at her, "I know you don't feel good but think about Isha, Veer. She deserves to be welcomed like every other bride and you can't take that away from her." Her voice was soft but serious at the same time. She was letting me know that she wasn't only requesting but telling me not to fuck it up.

I took in a deep breath and thought beofre answering, "I know bhabhi but please don't expect me to bring her home, however, I will take care of the rituals. I promise."