Chapter 25: Veer Singh Raichand doesn't loose

Veer

"Veer come," Badi mumma called from a distance as I gave her a nod and moved towards them.

The garden area was decorated with flowers, again. I wanted it to be decorated with flowers because that's what Irisha likes.

The area was divided into two parts, one for the groom and the other for the bride so that we can't see each other. Yeah Badi mumma strictly prohibited us from seeing each other. Aditya was already sitting on the stool so I took the empty one sitting beside him.

I was going to wear my formals but that ended up getting me scolding from Sia bhabhi. She said, and word by word, "This is not Holi Veer, You are wearing this kurta and I am final."

They all looked happy, too happy with all this and I couldn't help but smile at them. Irisha and Riya has already joined us as well and were sitting on the other side of the curtains, I could make out their silhouettes.

But something seemed off with badi ma, she seemed worried about something. I could see it in Bade Papa's face too but he concealed it will. I moved my eyes, taking a look at Sia bhabhi and Aavyansh bhaiya but they didn't give it out at all.

There has to be something or why would Sia bhabhi not look me in the eyes.

"Bhaiya you are going to get drenched today." Jyestha's voice caught my attention and I looked at her and shook my head.

"Yeah sure not like I will leave you alone after that." I warned them.

Yug raised an eyebrow at me, pulling Jyeshtha to him as he spoke, "Why are you threatening my Sweetheart, its your haldi and you deserve it."

Ishika nodded agreeing with him and added, "Exactly! You can do this when we get married but right now it's your turn."

I shook my head at the trio as I muttered, "Mere dost ya tum sb ya dushman." (Are you all my friends or enemies?)

"Ab Jo bhi samjho hai to tumhare hi." Jyeshtha rolled her eyes at me as the others hummed. (Whoever we are, we are all yours)

"This is going to be fun." Aiden remarked joining them as I looked at him with and mumbled, "Et tu, Brute?" (You too Brutus?)

"Yes Julius yes. Your Brutus too." He replied laughing as the others chuckled.

"Remember how we threw the whole bucket on Aavyansh bhaiya and Shaurya bhaiya at their weddings." Scarlett said, excitement shinning in her eyes and I just prayed to God that I come out of this safe because it doesn't seem that they are willing to spare me at all today.

"Right? It was so fun." Shraddha bhabhi hummed mumbling something into Sia bhabhi's ear and that only got my attention more on my family. There has to be something that was troubling them.

"Let's begin," Irisha's mom said as Badi ma softly nodded.

She was holding a bowl filled with the haldi paste and gave it to Badi ma, "Phle Veer ko lagegi ye haldi aur fir yhi Isha ko ar ye Aditya aur Riya ki." She said passing the other bowl to Aditya's mom.

Badi ma took a deep breath, and came towards me keeping it on the small table in front of us and aunty also kept the bowl on the same table.

Just as she was going to move aside so that Bade papa can start the function I gently held her hand, "Badi mumma is something wrong?"

She looked a little surprised, "Nhi bachha, why would you think so?" (No child, why would you think so?)

"Badi mumma please, don't lie to me. I can see it." I almost begged her to let me know the reason of her worry because I can't bear her being sad but she gently removed her hand from my hold and caressed my head, passing me a soft smile as she replied, "It's nothing. Wedding jitters I guess."