Chapter 19: Getting engaged

Irisha

Today marked the beginning of a new chapter in my life, not exactly in the way I had dreamt of since I was a little girl - my engagement day.

I mean I am a girl afterall, I also dreamt of a fairytale wedding but guess what my husband to be turned out to be an idiot and I still can not get even with the fact that I choose him, why? Because I had a childish crush on him, well not childish since I still don't know how to act everytime I am around him.

The decor, it must be what Riya di and Aditya Jiju preferred, Why? Because I simply didn't had it in me to be involved in the preparations by myself even though his family was there all the time, he didn't even care as much to even ask me for my favorite colour.

I wanted a fairytale themed venue. It should be decorated with flowers and only flowers, no balloons and the other things. Just flowers.

I took a deep breath and looked at myself in the mirror, mumma and chachi were here and complemented me, they even got all teary so I acted all brave and sent them to Riya di, saying she must be already crying and they should check on her.

My in-laws are super good and cool, and his friends, we all bonded so well but as for him, I don't even know where he is.

It's been two weeks since I visited his home and a week since our shopping. That's the last time I saw him. And well the whole changing room thing, I still have butterflies thinking about it.

There was a short knock on the door, must be Aarya.

"Come in" I said.

But the person who came in wasn't Aarya and neither anyone else that I expected. In fact it was Mr. Raichand, clad in a gorgeous white Sherwani that quite matched my own attire.

I looked at him waiting for him to say something, trying my best to not check him out as he suddenly spoke, "If you are done staring, can we talk?"

"What?" I asked, embarassed.

I rolled my eyes, acting my best to prove him that I wasn't. "I am not staring, definately not at you." I clarified, crossing my fingers because that was a lie obviously.

"Yeah sure." His tone screamed he didn't believe me.

The audacity, why does he always have to act so posh like. It's not like someone is holding a gun at him. Are they?

"Are you always this annoying?" I asked giving him a 'Are you for real?' look

He put on that annoying smirk again and asked so causally, "What do you think?"

I flashed him my most genuine smile and politely replied, "I think I don't have time for you Mr. Raichand so either say whatever you want to or go, everyone must be waiting for me."

He gave me a dumb look and asked, "Wow, you do realise that you are marrying me right?"

"It looks like that." I looked around to avoid him.

"Why did you say yes?" He asked, his tone and face clearly told me that he was serious.

I am marrying you because you are the bracelet boy and wasn't I always going to have a arranged marriage anyways. I will try my best to make this work out. I am sure something will change after our marriage.

It will, right?

I looked at him for a moment, not having the answer to his question.

"That's none of your business." I looked away.

"You sure?" He asked giving me a surprised look. He didn't expect that answer.

Ofcourse he didn't, if you are marrying him then whose business is it if not his.