Chapter 7: Crashing the date

Irisha

As I lead them towards my bakery, I suddenly stopped. The whole ride I have been thinking about what he said. Was this really the right decision?

A knot tightened in my stomach as I finally voiced my concerns about our impulsive plan to elope.

"We shouldn't do this. This isn't the right decision," I hesitated, glancing between Arya and Nakul.

Arya, confused by my sudden resistance, wavered. "What do you mean Isha?"

"What I mean is that I wouldn't do it myself. I know it was my idea, but this was a stupid idea." I confessed, a guilty expression overtaking my face.

Nakul, his eyes reflecting skepticism, added, "What made you change your mind?"

I cleared my throat as both of them faced me, "You both won't be happy with the aftermath, and hurting your parents is certainly not what you both want. Right?"

"But you know that we have tried everything Isha. We can't back out now." Nakul spoke as Arya gave him a soft look.

"I can't live without him Isha." Arya spoke giving me a pleading look to go ahead with this plan.

I felt both of their concern like a weight on my shoulders. "No! There has to be another way. We aren't doing this, Arya. I will think of something else but not this."

"There is no other way Isha." Arya looked at me desperately as Nakul squeezed her shoulders in assurance.

I took a deep breath and finally spoke, "Uncle, Aunty, trust me with your life. I can't break their trust, and I can't let you break their trust as well. They love you, Arya. We gotta convince them. We will convince them, okay?"

Arya leaned forward, determination etched on her face. "We have to do this Isha."

"We aren't doing this Arya." I gave my final judgement.

Nakul, his gaze unwavering, added,
"What if they don't agree?"

"They will agree. I know what to do, and this is our last shot." I knew we could do this the right way.

"Why are you so sure?" The two of them looked at me, their hearts wavering between hope and uncertainty.

"Because love always finds a way out," I replied, my conviction a flicker of reassurance.

After a moment of contemplation, I finally said, "Alright, let's do this. Call your friend. Because you both are going to convince Arya's parents while I and Arya talk to yours."

Arya's eyes met mine, acknowledgement passing between us.

"But what if.." Arya started but I cut her off,

"Nakul, Arya, listen to me. You said you both have tried everything. You have talked to your parents too. Besides, your parents know you. But on the other hand, they don't know Nakul, and Arya, his parents don't know you. So why not take this chance to let your parents know both of you better?"

They both nodded in agreement. Hope flickered within them.

"Let them know just how much you both matter to each other, but along with that, their blessings are also important to both of you. Let them know that you aren't marrying just for you, but instead, you both will join the two families and you will do it happily and efficiently."

"That sounds like a better idea." Nakul spoke, his rational side finally kicking in.

"You are the best." Arya grinned taking me in a hug.

I shrugged my shoulder, "I know right, I am a genius after all."

With newfound determination, I smiled, "So, What did he say?"