Chapter 14: Hone wali dulhan

Veer

If eyes could kill, I would have been six feet under long after I first met her but thank God that only drills imaginary holes.

"Don't worry, we will change that decision pretty soon." My voice held a promise to it and she visibly flinched.

Drawing the battle lines, I decided to leave since it was already getting late.

I was planning to drop her but her brother was already here to pick her up so I waited until she came out and left as soon as she went to her brother.

The first thing I did after reaching to the Penthouse was calling her land lord and telling him to go ahead with the plan and call her once more cause I wasn't backing out until she says yes.

I mean I don't understand that girl, She will have to marry one day right? So why not marry me besides what if she ends up marrying a creep? And it's not like I would do anything that she doesn't wants me to. We both can get benefits from it but she wants to make harder for both of us.

My phone pinged with a notification and irritation crept upto me seeing the articles online. These people are so fast I swear.

I picked up the call from the unknown number even though I should be calling my secretary now.

"Mr. Raichand, I am going to kill you if the articles aren't down by an hour!" I recognised her voice almost instantly and rechecked the number.

It was a landline number that's why I couldn't recognise it. Smart of her but I already have my number saved in my phone.

"Who is this?" I asked, a smirk creeping up my lips as I tried to push her buttons.

"Tumhari hone wali Dulhan." (Your to be wife) Came her sarcastic reply. If only she knew!

"Oh, as far as I remember I thought you were never going to say yes." I asked pretending to be confused.

"Mr. Raichand, let's not start again." She heaved a deep sigh from the other end.

I too sighed before answering, "Alright, What is it?"

She wasted no time, her voice cutting through the air like a winter chill. "Mr. Raichand, Get those articles down in an hour, or I promise you'll regret it."

I leaned back in my chair, a smirk playing on my lips. "Regret it? Why on earth would I do that, Miss Mehra? Those articles are doing just fine, infact I think they should have shot a picture from the right angle, it suits you more."

She huffed on the other end, her impatience visible. "Seriously? So many people are already talking about us and it needs to stop. I don't even know you and they are calling me your mystery girlfriend. Like be for real guys?"

I chuckled, reveling in her frustration. "Oh, come on, Miss Mehra. It's just a bit of controversy. Keeps things interesting, don't you think?"

She snapped back, "This is not a game. Take them down, or I'll make sure you regret crossing me."

I rolled my eyes, enjoying the banter. "Regret again? You really need to work on your threats, Miss Mehra. I am always involved in so many headlines, one more won't hurt."

Her tone grew colder. "I mean it, Mr. Raichand. Do it, or I won't hold back."

I leaned closer to the phone, my voice dropping to a mockingly sincere tone. "And why should I, Miss Mehra? What's in it for me?"

There was a brief silence, and I could almost hear her grinding her teeth. "Fine, Mr. Raichand. If you take them down, I'll owe you a favor. One favor, anything within reason."