Hidden gumdrop

After that whole one sided rage fest I decided that I would take a risk, I took Floyd from my pocket and placed him on the table next to my plate of blueberry pancakes. It's almost been 10 hours since I fed him that jellybean, so maybe I could put some actual food in his stomach.

"You okay?" I sighed as I took my place at the table, grabbing a fork and knife, I pondered my thoughts as my knife sliced off a piece of pancake small enough and held it out to the magenta haired troll. Am I genuinely okay? I honestly don't know and I worry about that.

I left my head enough to see as He took the piece of pancake with both hands and stuffed it into his mouth like a chipmunk. His eyes widened like he had never eaten a pancake before. So absolutely adorable.

"Well gumdrop, that depends on your version of okay, for me it's one of the better times. It wasn't as bad as when we were kids. She was a nightmare and our parents did nothing but enable her just like I did- I'm honestly no better than them." I sighed and let a piece of pancake fall into my mouth, it's taste rotten on my tongue due to my lack of an appetite from today's temper tantrum but Floyd's eyes were begging for more pancake and I couldn't help but indulge him some more.

As he chewed on his new piece of pancake, he looked a tad confused,

"What happened to your parents? I mean wouldn't they be able to talk some sense into her?" I must've had a look on my face because he stopped chewing to put his small hand on mine.

"I wish they were here to talk some sense into her, they died in a car accident before Velvet found you." His purplish magenta eyes looked into my ocean blue and I put my chin in my other hand,

"That's why Vel's so obsessed with fame, she wants to be remembered unlike our parents, almost no one came to their funeral except my grandmothers. I guess not only did I lose my parents, I lost my sister that day too." I looked down and saw how he started to walk towards me and held out his arms.

I picked him up again and let him sit on the center of my palm and watched as he kept opening and closing his mouth figuring out the right words to say. He sadly didn't say anything about it and we sat in silence, but I didn't like silence, it reminds me too much of how my childhood home felt without my parents in it.

"It's alright gumdrop it was 4 months ago- "  I tried to reason but he rapidly cut me off

"That's so recent! I mean- I just-" he struggled for words and I couldn't deny that I haven't had time to grieve for my family since it was so recent and with the fame and fortune it was easy to forget about,

The yachts, parties and concerts kept my mind from crumbling apart under the weight of my parents death. The pampered fashionista in me was distracted by the pretty lights and shiny new toys to play with to genuinely sit and realize my whole family is gone.

"I'm okay gumdrop seriously, but this definitely means that I have to speed up us getting out of here." He nodded in agreement and I broke off a piece of pancake with an extra large blueberry in it with my left hands thumb and index finger and held out my pinched finger's towards him, he grabbed it and then started breaking off tiny pieces of it.

"I know especially with Velvet losing grips with reality like that but please don't forget that once we get out of this that you'll be kind to yourself too." I looked at him with a raised eyebrow and he held eye contact with me not backing down,

"What do you mean?" I questioned this turn of conversation and he smiled softly with a sad expression,

"Well it's just, I've noticed that you always blame yourself for Velvet's behavior and that you're dumb or an idiot for enabling her. But you're not, you genuinely wanted to help her become the best version of herself. But it's not your fault that she doesn't have enough willpower to change, you're not at fault for her actions." He became blurry as tears clouded my eyesight, they're heavy and hot as they escaped my lash line and slid down my cheeks. 

He threw his piece of pancake back on the plate and he continued,

"I think it's amazing that you're still yourself especially with Velvet always trying to change you by bringing you to her level." I scoffed and he looked offended, but he still rambled,

"I mean you're still kind, talented and beautiful— wait I mean-" the troll's face was covered in a deep saturated blue again. I smiled at him despite my tears still flowing from my eyes and his grin got wide at the sight of mine.

"Well I guess you wouldn't bring it up if it wasn't true." He stepped closer to my wrist and opened his mouth again,

"But I'm serious about everything you genuinely are a good person who got manipulated by the person who you trusted the most. And... if it's not to much to ask, can we sing together? I used to sing with my brothers and-"

"Of course I will." The words tumble out of my mouth before I'm able to apply any sort of filter my other index finger reached out to brush the magenta bangs out if his face revealing both of his large matching colored eyes with heavy flicks of glittery purple within.

"Really?" His expression was hopeful and I couldn't help myself by saying,

"Of course gumdrop, I would love to hear you sing." I remember grandma betty saying how that's how trolls like to make friends and show affection for one another, besides taking care of each other's hair. So it was his sweet lovable way of bonding with me.

His eyes were glowing creating a purplish magenta highlight on his nose and his smile was very infectious.

"How about we go back to my room-"

"Mister Veneer! The taylor is here!" I groaned as I forgot about the taylor was here for the modification of the outfits I designed. I looked at the troll in my hand and silently panicked. If Crimp knew I held the very key to my sister's success, I have no doubt in my mind she'd snitch to Velvet.

Floyd must've read my mind because he hopped from my hand onto my lap quickly shuffling himself into my pockets once more.

"I'll be right there Crimp." I stood and figured that if I had to be there so would my sister but there's the off handed chance that she'd be so enraged by me that she'd hole herself up in her bedroom, refusing to see anyone until she needed either me or Crimp again.

I could only pray that my sister was sick of both me and our assistant and didn't attend.