a new dawn - Floyd's pov

I paced the halls in sheer panic as they just put Veneer under anesthesia a few minutes ago, since my darling claimed that no way in hell he was going to be awake to push them out, opting to go under for a C section instead.

I still giggled slightly as with his snarky sass filled words at my suggestion of a natural labor since It'd be less blood and faster being exactly,

"What are fucking nuts? Fuck that shit put me under." With a swirl of his finger after that, Dr. Moonbloom pushed me out the room to follow my husband's wish of being out like a light. Now here I am pacing around the hallway in front of the small seating area next to the door of the room where they're performing the operation.

I sat down in the one chair closest to the door as I was completely by myself,

I called a trilling sugar bird to urgently bring everyone here and I could feel tears of anxiety bubbling over as fear nibbled on the forefront of my conscious. My thumbnail in between my front teeth as my leg hopped in worry from my seat.

What if Veneer died? I mean no troll had ever died from it before that I know of but this crippling paranoia of losing the love of my life punched me in the guts as I tried to keep myself together for them and myself.

But the horrific thought of losing him made me spiral as tears cluttered around my waterline. I couldn't imagine my life without that him, he was so intertwined with my family and he ensnared himself so deeply into my ventricles, making a home for himself in the chambers of my heart.

I have to try to soothe myself as this was the biggest moment of my entire life and I was going to be a father officially. I'm going to be responsible for three whole new people that my starlight was bringing into the world, three babies which were made from that passionate night we shared down by the lake as I proposed.

I shiver in delight as I recalled that night and how blissfully unaware I was as I forwent the protection despite the fact that it would lead to this crippling dread I was now facing. So in a way I did bring this panic on myself due to my negligence on using the condom Bruce packed for me.

But god he was so beautiful that night, I still remember those stunning pools of lapis being hit by the aquamarine glow of the water making them look more picturesque and ethereal than they already were.

the pool of bioluminescent water truly highlighting the flicks of rose gold scattered throughout his iris as I made them contort in pleasure as I viscously was driven by my own lust.

"Floyd!" Branch's voice brought me out of my recalling and he was the first one to respond as he squeezed me in a tight grip weirdly due to the two cups of coffee he was carrying. Those baby blue eyes of his were shiny with happiness but with smears of worry about my own mental wellbeing over my darling and our children.

"Branch thank the stars you came, I was starting to worry that It'd only be me panicking." My laugh was rickety as I fiddled with the sleeves of my robe, appreciating that I wasn't alone right now. I think honestly the last thing I needed right now was to be left alone with my crippling anxiety.

I didn't even bother to change because of the sheer panic I was going through about bringing Veneer to the hospital as fast as I could , but Branch seemed to not care about what I looked like as he, just like me was worried about Veneer and his well being.

I could definitely understand that Branch was almost as equally scared as I was due to his brotherly bond he had with my jade haired lover.

"Don't worry Floyd, I'm here and I brought us coffee from downstairs." He handed me a cup as I vibrated in my seat tears easily falling down my face because I didn't want to lose any of them.