Bedtime routines

I leaned against my vanity in the nightgown with the cast awkwardly on my foot so I couldn't wear the cute heels that went with it and saw how it outlined my figure flawlessly,

It wasn't opaque enough to reveal anything but it did show off the outlines on my curves, I sat in the fluffy chair that was tucked into the vanity not wanting to put pressure on my wound,

I adore vanities, they're not only stylish but very useful I found myself looking into the mirror in front of me as I ran my pinkish orange glittering nails across the polished oak wood.

The vanity was equipped with 3 storage shelves next to the mirror, 5 large drawers, two under the desk and 3 off to the side where a large cabinet was attached to the vanity it 4 adjustable shelves and 10 hooks behind the right cabinet door. When opened I could see wonderful fragrances and goodies that must've been added to the shelves.

The bottles were all different shapes, sizes and colors. I noticed some necklaces hanging off of the hooks with matching earrings in their own small baggie hanging from the same hook.

I'm guessing the brothers decorated the room out of guilt because I saw a note in the top drawer below the cabinet,

Dear Veneer,

I'm sorry for outing your personal business and please tell Poppy that I'm sorry as well. I may not be good at apologizing but I hope that you do forgive me especially since you make my second youngest brother happy and you seem really good for him. Despite you being involved with his kidnapping thing....

But If you want, since you are also someone's brother, we could have some coffee or something.... To bond or something.

-I hope you respond soon

With love; John Dory

Ps: Branch totally decorated the house and got everything together for you guys. I helped since I felt super terrible and Bruce added some pictures of him and the kids to the family wall.

Pps: Me, Bruce, Branch and Clay are hoping to hang out with you soon since we want to get to know you better- hopefully before you know.... I become an uncle for the 14th time.

This was strangely sweet of the eldest brother, I definitely have to respond out of respect especially since Floyd deserves to have his family around, and I can tell by the smudged tear marks that he was genuinely sincere and I knew I could forgive him for a genuine mistake.

I'm just used to the opposite, I'm used to people fucking me over and spilling all of my secrets without any remorse. Velvet told Kid Ritz that I had a crush on him because I didn't supervise the tailors and seamstresses to make sure her outfit was done correctly and he embarrassing told me that he already had a boyfriend and awkwardly patted my shoulder.

I remember crying in my pillow that night...

Jesus how many times did I have an utterly embarrassing and horrifying things happen to me while Floyd was with me and my sister. Probably too many to count on both hands, from all the everlasting damage that Vel had done to me and all the rejection and or suffering from previous relationships.

I looked at myself in the mirror as I detangled the thick braid that Viva set in my hair, untwisting the thick pink ribbon that held it all in place. I sighed and leaned on my elbows putting my chin in my hands.

I looked at the bed that was bathed in a shimmery sky blue light and noticed how the sheets were made from silk and the blankets along with the pillows were made from thick animal furs.

It definitely looked luxurious and I figured that's why Branch picked specifically that style. He definitely had good taste.

My appreciation of Branch was cut short by my darling opening the door holding a glass looking coaster that also acted as a tray and brushing his bangs with his other hand.