Brother

He slipped into the off the shoulder sweater I made him and it fit him absolutely perfectly, it's sleeves just reached past his wrists and the bottom hem of the sweater reached his knees along with the stocking like socks that were open toed. His hair was still wet but I was able to get him to gently brush the powder through his fuzz.

Now it was time to blow dry his hair, with a comb, I delicately rake the brush through his hair making sure I caught all the knots and smoothed them out. He stared at me through the mirror and I wasn't able to control myself from winking in the mirror observing how his face got painted in a deep navy color along with the tops of his shoulders were covered as well.

I was curious about something, especially about pointing out how my sister treats me like garbage,

"Floyd, when I caught you in the hallway, you spoke about how my sister treats me like garbage almost like you knew what it was like. So what I'm asking is-" I was quickly cut off by him saying,

"How I know what a controlling sibling is like?" I flushed because he was able to guess exactly what I wanted to ask without me fumbling to let the question escape. I shook my head yes afraid to stumble over my words again not fully trusting myself to speak.

"*sigh* I have a brother, well I have brothers, John Dory, Spruce, Clay and Branch. My eldest brother John was a bit of a control freak, he wanted us to be perfect- kinda like Velvet wanted you to be." He paused as I combed his bangs back into place covering his left eye. I slumped a bit, that's how he knows, he knew what it was like to constantly have that pressure of being the perfect sibling always trying to keep the peace.

"I mean John wasn't as bad as Velvet, he'd never even dream of hurting us the way Velvet does to you but he was unbearable, I mean he made Branch believe it was all his fault! I just-" he squeezed his eyes shut and I picked him up and delicately pushed him against my cheek in a way to comfort him. When he cooled down a bit I held him up and gently pressed my lips to the top of his head making sure I didn't leave a mark nor stain on his freshly washed hair.

"It just John was so full of himself and he ripped our family apart, I promised Branch I would come back but I couldn't face him especially after I basically abandoned him." Tears slid down Floyd's face and I shifted him to my left palm and used the knuckle on my index finger on my right hand to run under his eyes catching his fallen tears.

"You should go see him, I mean it's better to be late than never sweetheart. If you go see him he'll forgive you, I mean he'll probably be angry with you at first but I can tell that you love him." I tried to interject his vocal thoughts and he just as quickly responded with,

"Of course I do he's my little brother, I want to be there for him and I just feel like a failure to him especially since I was selfish and haven't seen him since he was a baby." He must've torn himself up about this for years and couldn't bring himself to go back due to being afraid that Branch wouldn't forgive him.

"You poor darling, you must've ripped yourself apart over this, let's write that letter to your brothers, then we'll leave." He shook his head in an up and down motion and sniffled into the sleeve of the sweater I made him. I really do hope that his brother will forgive him but we have to write this letter.

I went into my nightstand while he moved to my shoulder and started rubbing his hair dry with the towel I have him. I pulled out a pen and paper before setting the paper down on my nightstand.

I looked to him and he was still busy getting his hair dried, so I started to write,

-Dear John Dory and Brozone

Please disregard the last letter, it was a trap set up by someone who wants to use your talents maliciously, please don't come, Floyd is safe and with me and I'm going to do everything in my power to get him back to you. My apologies for the late notice but if I'm to get him out of here I needed some time to figure something out.

Please don't fall for my sister's trap.-

I let out a sigh and Floyd looked over the letter before he lifted himself to press a kiss against my cheek. I turned my head to look at him,

"Do you think that sufficient or do I need to add more?" He fluffed up his hair before responding to me,

"It's perfect but knowing John, he'd probably still come anyway and bring everyone." So we could only hope that this reaches to John or any other member and crossing fingers pray that they believe my words that their brother is safe and I want to get him, myself and Crimp far away from this place. Away from my sisters torment and wicked reign over our lives.

How did Vel send the first letter to John in the first place, I think she shipped it in the mail but we need something more quicker and more secure than the regular post office,

"What's wrong bubblegum?" He laid another tender kiss but on my temple this time and I couldn't help but voice my concerns,

"How are we going to get this to your brothers? I mean a post office is out of the question it's just not going to reach them in time." I heard a quiet chuckle off to my side and I rose a confused eyebrow at his quick response of laughter at my panic.

"Don't worry about that watch this-"  he then started a very low rumble that was rich in bass. I looked at him bizarrely until I heard the flap of wings. I looked up and at my open window was a large owl like bird that was cotton candy pink with peppermint green swirls all over its feathers but instead of owl tail feathers, it looked similar to a rooster's tail. I looked towards Floyd and he smirked at me effortlessly taking my breath away.

"This my oversized darling is a Trilling Sugarbird, we trolls use it for party invites to make sure everyone gets them efficiently." My mouth was open agape in an open mouthed smile at his inventiveness.

"That's amazing gumdrop! We definitely have a chance now to catch up to your brothers before Velvet can catch them." I handed the letter to the large candy themed bird and it swiped it from my hand with red and white striped talons before squawking similar to a parrots.

"Now cherry, deliver this to my brother Branch, please he's the only one I trust that can change everyone's mind." He leaned against my neck as the bird flew away from us and I knew that it was time to go.