How to Protect your bubblegum

As I carried Floyd throughout the streets of Mount Rageous I could feel the stares and hear the whispers of the population around us. They always ranged from gossipy murmurs to fawning over me and many not so comfortable word's around my body.

I knew that my sister was more comfortable with being on the receiving end of such verbal lust, but I wasn't really comfortable. It made my skin crawl in the worst way, however I did like the troll's romantic attention on me.

It made me feel strangely powerful and beautiful the way he looks at me. It's like a bizarre spell that got casted on me I felt ad if I was sensual goddess walking amongst men, knowing I'm looking good because of the fierce deep navy blush that covered his face. It made me tingle in a way I've never really felt before and it made my bones ache for something else.

But I can't focus on that right now, especially since I do have precious cargo with me. A loud squeaky sound brought me out of my quiet reserve and glanced up to see the source of such a high pitched noise,

It was another Mount Rageon, she stood a tad shorter than me but her hair was a sparkling cyan blue with glittery clear lips, she wore a striped crop top and oversized brown jeans that were held in place by a very snug fitting belt. Her eyes were also a cyan pigment with matching ovals on her cheeks. I shakily smiled and her eyes lit up with pure unsolicited joy.

"Omg! You're Veneer, I totally didn't recognize you at first but it really is you!" Her squeals were ear grating but I tried to keep my persona up to keep myself from causing a commotion.

I kept smiling with a bit of force, and smiled at her,

"Yep that's me, nice to meet a fan." She squealed before she grabbed my hands and tugged me closer and giggled,

"I'm your biggest fan." Her eyes got psychotic wide and her smile looked as if her face was about to split in two. My radar was blaring at me to get away from her. Velvet usually handles my psychotic fans but she's not here and now I have to deal with them.

"Oh um do you want a autograph or maybe a selfie together?" I tried to stay positive especially since there's a good chance that maybe she was just excited, but there's still a sliver of fear that rattled through my thoughts at her being as psychotic as my sister.

"I want so much more! PLEASE MARRY ME!" I dramatically cringed and can feel tiny hands gripping on to my choker tightly.

"Look um I'm very flattered but I think you can find someone better than me." I knew I was deprecating myself but her grip on my wrist's started hurting, I tried to pull but her grip only got tighter, I can definitely see my wrists bruising from this.

"You are perfect and I would do anything for you!" She started getting closer to me and I can feel panic bubbling in my gut along with my heart racing in sheer terror.

"HEY! Can't you see he's not goddamn interested! Plus he's got a boyfriend so scram!" A loud anger filled growl rung out from where Floyd was I glanced over to see the troll had a snarl on his face and his eyes were fiercely glowing.

I looked back to her and she let go of my hands to put hers on her hips and sneered at my tiny companion,

"Oh yeah who pipsqueak?" She smirked as I could feel Floyd's snarl deepening and I couldn't help the flush that came over my face. He called me his boyfriend, I probably had a goofy lovestruck look on my face because I saw how her face twisted in disbelief.

"I'm his boyfriend now piss off you limp spaghetti noodle!" My heart was slamming itself against my ribcage as he rapidly turned my face with his tiny hands and placed a kiss on my lips. I held my hand to my mouth afterwards to cover the amount of blush that consumed my face at his adorable pissing contest.

With a surprise look on her face she huffed and turned herself around and stomped off. But my gumdrop continued,

"YEAH YOU BETTER STAY AWAY! PLUS YOU LOOK UGLY IN BROWN, YOU OVERGROWN TOOTHPICK!" I snorted at his angry expression and I couldn't believe how angry he got at one of my fans. He looked at me and smiled.

"Sorry I um- is that common?" He used pointing backwards with thumb at the spot where she just was. I nodded my head silently,

"Believe it or not she's not the craziest, I had a girl send me a vial of her own blood along with pictures of her self harm scars and said she'd bleed for me." I could see the color draining off of his small face as I described one of my more insane fans who I had a restraining order against.

"Man I'm so sorry. Especially about how I acted earlier, it was just she was begging you to marry her and it set me off." Oh.... Oh, he was being possessive. I must admit his possessiveness did have a certain effect on me and now it's not my heart that's tingly with a hot fiery feeling. I coughed trying to hide my face and another part of my anatomy from the tiny creature or should I say my tiny boyfriend on my shoulder.

I started to walk again, but I answered him back,

"Aww don't worry gumdrop, your pissing contest was quite cute." His face was an inky indigo and he fumbled for words for the next few minutes before he said,

"Well I'm still sorry, I hope you don't you know change your mind about anything." I could not believe what I was hearing, he seriously thinks that him protecting me was something worth apologizing for and it would make me see him in a negative light.

"Seriously gumdrop don't apologize, your possessiveness and protectiveness was very attractive." Not to mention not only did it get my blood flow to my limbs making them weak, it brought a new blood flow into an area I hadn't been aware of before.

"Really?" He tapped his two index fingers together in nervousness and I swiftly reassured him,

"Yes darling, it was absolutely stunning, so please don't be sorry." He smiled and leaned against my neck and wiggled his nose behind my ear causing me to giggle at the tickling sensation.

I made a left at the nearest building, and was met with a house at the end of the street,

It was a two story house that was a baby blue in color with a large porch and surrounded by a pitch black metal fence.

I strolled up the brick walkway that was decorated with peonies and marigolds and smiled at the familiar place where I temporarily lived before fame and smiled at the fond memories that were still thriving well. As I approached the double decorated door of my grandmothers house I noticed how the large Koi fish pond off to the side was still well, I can still see the large orange white and black fish shifting through the water their scales glistening in the shimmering scattered lights of the city.

My foot soon met the first step of the deep mahogany colored wooden porch and I can feel a pure happy smile form on my face.

I now have a boyfriend and I'm introducing him to the two most important people in my life and I can feel only pure joy and excitement for them to get along. I lifted my hand and knocked on the large double door and waited to be answered whilst shifting the bag that draped off my shoulder.

We made it it my grandmothers.