Shadow Breathing

Shadow Breathing derives from Moon Breathing

Shadow Breathing is a powerful breathing utilized by the Upper Rank 1 Akira. Shadow Breathing relies on sneak and stealth attacks as well as feints to attack and damage enemies.

Weapon: Long Nichirin Blade

Forms: 16

First Form: Shadow of the Moon- Akira slashes in a horizontal arc, channeling focused shadow energy into his blade.

Second Form: Slash from Another Plane- Akira slashes diagonally downwards, but his blade passes through the enemy. After the blade passes through the target, an arc of purple energy slashes downwards from nowhere, hitting the enemy.

Third Form: Shadow of the Passing Shinigami- Akira slashes diagonally downwards while focusing energy. After the first slash hits, a blade of purple energy slashes downwards. This technique is like the second technique, except that the first slash strikes the target.

Fourth Form: Dark Paths Converging- Akira uses a shadow sword and slashes in an X-shape in conjunction with his Nichirin Blade.

Fifth Form: Astral Graveyard- Akira closes his eyes and opens his eyes again. When Akira opens his eyes, he can see the shadows of everyone in a 3-mile radius, even if they are concealed. When he looks at the shadows, Akira can also tell if the shadow is a demon or a human.

Sixth Form: Lunar Wind- Akira slashes his sword at a high speed and creates a burst of wind enhanced by his Shadow Breathing energy.

Seventh Form: The Shinigami's Sickle - Akira slashes in a wide arc, sending a powerful slash at the target. This technique is an enhanced form of First Form: Shadow of the Moon. The slash from this technique looks like a sickle, which is why this technique is named this way.

Eighth Form: Astral shadow breakers- Akira holds his Nichirin Blade and a shadow katana in his hand and angles the blade so the blade faces outward and the back of the blade faces his arm. Then, Akira rushes at a target and slashes the blades outward at the same time, the shadow energy taking the shape of a wolf biting onto the target.

Ninth Form: Shadow Perimeter- Akira stabs a shadow sword into the ground and the shadow spreads, locking any enemies within the perimeter of 50 meters in place.

Tenth Form: Order of the Shadow- Akira barrages the target with powerful slashes, striking the target many times.

Eleventh Form: Flickering Shadow - Akira disappears, then body flickers behind the target and decapitates the target.

Twelfth Form: Darkened Dance - Akira slashes in an arc while turning his body, elevating his blade while turning. This results in a tornado-like slash which takes the form of a wolf.

Thirteenth Form: Twilight Moonslash  - Akira slashes downwards with his Nichirin Blade, striking the target.

Fourteenth Form: Lunar Eclipse- Akira disappears, before appearing next to the target. Akira slashes in two wide arcs, before barraging the target similar to Tenth Form: Order of the Shadow.

Fifteenth Form: Planetary Impact- One of Shadow Breathing's most powerful techniques. Akira thrusts his blades into the ground, sending rocks flying everywhere. Akira manipulates the shadow of the rocks to control the rocks, and slashes the rocks into bits, sending the rocks at the target.

Sixteenth Form: Astral Moonbow - The most powerful Shadow Breathing technique, derived from the Sixteenth Form of Moon Breathing. Akira creates shadow arrows above the hilt of his Nichirin Blade, releasing sixteen arrows that split into multiple slashes that land everywhere. Akira then jumps into the air, creating a shadow bow, before firing his Nichirin Blade at the target.