Chapter Thirty

I had woken up first and by the time, I knew Elijah would be up first. Considering how early he has to go into work for. I wanted to stay in bed with Grayson, but I wanted to see Elijah before he left.

I waited for his coffee to finish brewing, I had also started preparing breakfast for him. I'm rarely here in the mornings for when Elijah gets ready for work. I wanted to at least make him something and we could talk about last night.

I started off with making eggs, I know he likes his sunny side up or over medium eggs so I did it like that. There were also some bananas out that were ripe, so I decided I wanted to make banana fritters, since I haven't had them in a while.

I also wanna see what both of them would say about it. I made sure to remember Elijah's coffee and put it the side for when he comes down. I was also crying so bacon as well, so in the midst of flipping over a fritter Elijah came into the kitchen.

"Good morning princess," he says.

"Morning, Daddy."

He comes over to me and gives me a kiss on the cheek, he put his hands on my waist holding me.

"You're making banana pancakes?"

"Ehh close, banana fritters," I answered.

"What's the difference?"

"That's what it's called in Jamaica," I shrug.

"Oh... who taught you how to make them?"

"I taught myself, but my mom made them a lot, so I know the recipe."

He pulls away from me and gives me another kiss. I had already had some on a plate, so he picked one up and took a bite out of it. I watched his reaction and he nodded his head.

"They taste nice, I like it."

"Try it with syrup, I like it with honey usually. I also made your coffee, so you don't have to," I said.

"Thank you, princess."

He walks over to his coffee while still taking a bite out of the fritter. I took out the bacon and put that to the side.

"Oh and your eggs are in the microwave, they're over easy just how you like them."

"I think you need to be here in the mornings more," he says.

"Mhmmm imma have to think about it," I tease.

He got out his eggs and he went back over to the fritters and he took three. I hoped he actually liked them and wasn't just eating them for my sake. I really love fritters as well.

"If you don't like em, you-."

"They taste good, I would take a fourth but I don't like eating too much in the morning."

He got some bacon as well and I hope he was telling the truth. I knew I could cook, obviously but I kept it very strictly away from things I would eat at home.

"Okay."

He sat down at the counter and I watched as was eating his food and sipping on his coffee.

"How did the talk go with Gray?"

"Good, we apologized to each other and hashed it out. I think we're good for now."

"Let's hope for now means for the rest of the time being. Knowing you two are arguing is frustrating," he sighs.

"Getting more Grey hairs than usual?" I joke.

"Haha, but no I don't like seeing you two disagreeing."