2 : Symphony Shindig... What?

CHAPTER 2

VIVIANA KNIGHT

"He knows my roll number." I said it for the tenth time of the day. My head was resting on Abby's shoulder and a smile on my lips which had been plastered since the morning.

We were having our dinner, four of us seated at a table.

"Stop! It's just a roll number." Margot said.

Abby stopped her and started "Nope. That's not what it is about. He knows her roll number meaning he observes her or maybe he has stalked her. There are like 80 people in our class and the roll numbers are also confusing, you can't remember everybody."

Del said "Yeah, so that means there is still hope."

I nodded happily.

I pretended to be happy and there is still hope... blah blah blah. But I knew there was no hope.

If he really would've liked me, he would've responded to my texts well but he just replies as if I am forcing him to.

"I forgot to tell you guys, on my way back from the library I saw Reign." Del said, looking at Margot.

Reign is Margot's crush. She waits for him everyday after the classes just to get a glance.

"Really!?"

"Yep and he wore a black tee."

That's what she finds most attractive about him, he looks too good in a black tee.

"Why didn't you call me?"

I rolled my eyes "Lady you have lost your mind in love. Do you know the distance from the library to our hostel?"

"I can do anything for him."

"Anything?" Abby asked.

"Yeah of course."

"Text him then."

"Are you crazy?" She almost shouted taking her phone away from Abby.

Abby and I looked at each other shaking our heads.

We continued with our dinner talks.

"Tell me what's wrong?" Del spoke as soon as we entered the room.

I shook my head "Nothing."

"He is noticing you, that's a good sign, yet you look lost."

"He is not making any moves and I know he won't. 3 months and I could only bring him to notice me. We are now left with just 3 months, then the semester will come to an end. He'll be in some other section, I'll be in some other."

"At least he is noticing you. Baby steps." She said.

I went and sat on her bed, hugging her, "That's the problem, I don't have time."

"What did you feel today, sitting beside him?"

"Nervous. It was like so many butterflies in my stomach. My face was just burning up."