39 : "I got way too attached to you."

CHAPTER 39

VIVIANA QUINN

He stared at me. His face had guilt.

He was about to say something when the doorbell rang, taking our attention. He went to take the door.

"Viv." It was clearly Mum's voice. Xavier's Mum.

I headed towards the living room, she stood there with a smile on her face. I ran to her and hugged her.

"Mum, I missed you." She hugged me back.

"I missed you too. How have you been?" She asked, pulling away from the hug.

"Were you crying? Did he do something?" She asked, looking at Xavier.

I shook my head and hugged her again.

"I can teach him a lesson, if you want." I looked at the person. His Dad.

I looked away, hiding my face in Mum's neck.

At this point he is the last person I want to see. After what Xavier just said, I don't want to see him. Not now atleast.

"Is he making you cry?" She asked me again.

I shook my head.

She smiled and kissed my forehead. "We were here to see if everything was good. C'mon let's sit and talk."

"I'll make some coffee for you guys."

"You?" She asked, giving me a questioning look.

"I know at least how to prepare a coffee. Bad you are."

She laughed and said "Be careful."

I nodded.

They sat on the couch in the living room while I went to the kitchen. As I was about to switch on the gas, the gas lighter was snatched from my hand. I looked at the person, Xavier.

What else did I expect?

"What are you doing?" I asked, getting irritated.

"Mum sent me here to help you."

"I do not need your help."

I tried to snatch the lighter from his hand but he stretched his arms more, taking it away from my reach.

"You do. Because you are terrible at cooking. I don't want them to have the worst coffee."

I stopped fighting and was about to leave when he slipped his hands around my belly and pulled me towards him.

"What is your problem?" I almost shouted at him.

"Where are you going?"

"To sit with them since you are gonna look into this."

"Nope. You will help me."

I glared at him.

"I need assistance."

"To make coffee?"

He nodded "It's a stressful job." He lit up the gas and said "Pass me the sugar."

I was throwing daggers at him with my eyes. Passing him the sugar jar I stood there with an annoyed face. Suddenly he stood behind me, my whole body shivered when I felt his hand on mine. He handed me a spoon and took my hand to the coffee bowl, slowly stirring the coffee.

I looked at him to find his eyes already on me. We stared into each other's eyes, and for some reason he looked really attractive... I don't know, maybe something's wrong with me. After he just accepted that because of his father he left me, I should kick his ass. And here I am appreciating that annoying face.