27 : "Sleep, he's not worth it"

CHAPTER 27

VIVIANA KNIGHT

After last night, my mind has been in chaos.

I was so happy because of course it was Rey's wedding. I told her a thousand times to introduce me to her man face to face but everytime she was like no you'll meet him at my wedding.

And when I saw Ashton I was like what the fuck... not him!! And one more banger for me was his groomsman, at that point my mind spun. I did not want to see him in this life again.

All the time I felt his eyes on me but chose to ignore his existence, I don't want those haunting memories again.

Trust me the flashbacks hurt.

And about the marriage, I don't know why he is so desperate to marry me suddenly. I mean it's been six years, he has a girlfriend... oops sorry, my bad she is his fiance.

I was lost in my thoughts when I saw Dad entering the office room. "Viv, what are you doing here?" He asked.

"H-Had something important to talk about." I did not tell him about Xavier.

And I think Xavier isn't even serious about the marriage thing so it's cool.

"I-I -"

Before I could complete my sentence, someone knocked on the door. My heartbeat increased.... No, not him. Please anyone but him.

Dad's secretary entered the room and I sighed in relief.

"Mr. Knight, there is an emergency." She said and I switched on my phone, not interested in their conversation.

"What?"

"Xavier Quinn is here to meet you sir."

My phone almost dropped from my hands.

"W-Who?" I asked in a shaky voice.

Both Dad and his secretary turned their attention towards me. She repeated "Xavier Quinn."

Meaning, he wasn't fooling around last evening. He was serious...?

Fuck no.

Holy Christ! Please help me get out of this situation.

"Why is he here?" Dad asked.

"He says he has some important deal for you."

"Deal for me?" Dad was totally confused after listening to this.

She nodded "He says so, Sir."

"Send him in." He ordered.

I should tell him about me and Xavier. Everything. From the beginning.

I don't even know why Xavier is doing all this.

"D-Dad." I called him. He turned to me. "I have something to tell you."

"What is it, Viv?"

"Dad, I-I-" Again there was a knock on the door and it opened revealing Xavier.

"May I come in, Mr. Knight?" Dad did not say a word, his eyes remained fixed on Xavier while Xavier had the cutest smile on his lips.

Cutest? Huh! No he is the devil.

Xavier entered the room with a file in his hand, he walked past Dad and took the seat beside me on the couch. He rested his right leg on top of his left and turned his head to me again with that smile. Slowly the smile turned into a smirk and he winked at me, making me clench my jaw in anger.

"May I know the reason for your arrival at my workplace?" Dad asked.

Xavier finally turned his head to Dad "I insist you take a seat, Mr. Knight." When Dad was about to speak, he raised his index finger and said "But before that can you order a cappuccino for me? Thanks."