45 : Two damaged people trying to heal each other.

CHAPTER 45

VIVIANA QUINN

I sat on the bed with my back towards Xavier as he braided my hair while I was continuously talking to him.

I took out my phone and stuck my tongue out with a wink, clicking a selfie of us in this position.

“What the hell?” 

I giggled.

“Waoh! This is so good.” I posted a story on Instagram and wrote ‘7 days of princess treatment’. 

“What was that?”

“Husband appreciation post.”

“Well that wasn’t needed. I have hurt you a lot.” He was done braiding my hair, he held my head and placed a kiss on the top of my head.

I turned towards him and kissed the tip of his nose.

He held my hands in his “I am really sorry, Viviana for everything.”

“You shouldn’t say sorry because it won’t mean anything. When we’ll go back, again you’ll be the same Xavier who loves to hurt me.”

He bit his lips, looking down at our hands intertwined together.

He is not even denying it.

“Day after tomorrow, we’ll leave and that’s it, the end of Viviana and Xavier.” I said but with a smile and damn that was the most hurtful sentence.

Again all I received in return was silence.

“Let’s not go there now, let us enjoy the moment.”

“Yeah, I have something for you.”

“For me? What?”

“This mansion was bought by Gd of course and once we came here to spend vacation and it was my birthday the next day so he gifted me something.”

I nodded.

“One minute.” He went somewhere to fetch what he was talking about. My eyes widened when he returned with a guitar.

Guitar?

Excitedly, I jumped up from the bed “Guitar?”

“Six years ago, I left music for you. Remember you asked me why didn’t I play music and-”

“You said you couldn’t because of me.”

He smiled… a sad smile. Staring at the guitar he started “Six years ago, I made two things my world, Viviana… my dream to impress Dad and… and y-you. I had two priorities and me being me I kept my dream of achieving the world first but I never realised h-how you became my first priority.”

“I am telling you this because I d-didn’t have anyone to share feelings with. Viviana I am very closed, I do not open up easily… I don’t know, I just can’t. Not even to Mum. But to you, I was surprised even back then… you knew so much about me. I wanted to tell you everything everyday. Even when I was going through hell, I wanted to tell you that what you were going through, I was experiencing the same pain but I couldn’t. I couldn’t tell anyone, I couldn’t cry, I couldn’t play guitar.”

“Viviana, I was going crazy. I didn’t know how to be normal. Whenever I tried to play guitar, all the past memories would haunt me… I would remember all the time we spent together and how I can never have you again. And one day, the frustration was so much that I broke my guitar, I thought it would help me forget you… it didn’t. Nothing did.” 

He sat on the bed with the guitar, adjusting the chords. 

“The first time I saw you at Ashton’s wedding, Gd told me I have to marry you. I was so fucking happy because you’ll be back in my life. Maybe you were trying to move on but I didn’t even try because I knew I couldn’t. All I did was engross myself with work to keep you out of my head for a while. I hated to torture you Viviana, I hated every moment when I had to be rude to you but I thought, at least this way I can have you to myself.”