26 : girlfriend(x) fiance(x) wife(✓)

CHAPTER 26

2 Months Later....

XAVIER QUINN

Finally it's November and Ashton's wedding.

I was Ashton's groomsman. Stanley was supposed to join us but for some reason he said he'll be getting delayed for the wedding.

Ashton looked super nervous. I haven't seen him so nervous in my life. I stood beside him as we both walked down the aisle.

“Why are you so nervous?” I asked, smirking.

“I don’t know. This feeling is so new.” He answered nervously again.

I chuckled “Damn man! I wish I could feel this nervousness.”

“Trust me, you’ll get butterflies in your stomach.”

I shook my head.

That’s really immature, butterflies for a girl. I mean it’s just marriage. Well, my bad. Not everyone is allergic marriage.

I hate marriage because the woman I wanted to marry will never be the one for me.

Now, I don't care about my life after marriage.

I am gonna marry a complete stranger just for Dad's sake and then I'll leave her to suffer. I know it's the most disgusting thing anyone can do but I want revenge for Mum.

I can't see her suffer.

When Dad went to prison, our family just fell apart. Mum used to cry all the time and I looked into every possible way to get him out of there.

He was in the prison for a month which of course affected him a lot.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, I looked at the id… Gd. I wouldn’t have picked up the call if it wasn’t Gd. I can’t ignore his calls.

And there was still time for the bride to arrive, so I answered.

“Yes?”

“I’ll tell you his name, do whatever you want but marry the girl as soon as you can.”

“Why now, Gd?”

Damn! It's too early. I can't.

If I would’ve loved the girl that was a completely different thing but I do not want to marry her. I don’t even know who she is and that is the basic thing I should know in order to marry a girl.

“I have a man who follows her and according to him, she has a boyfriend. I do not want you to delay it anymore. This is the only chance we have to take revenge.”

“She has a boyfriend?” I repeated.

“Yes, she does. You need to hurry up, Xavier.”

She has a boyfriend for crying out loud. She’ll be his, and I’ll be free.

“Who is her father, Gd?”

The doors opened suddenly and Ashton took a deep breath, whispering “That’s her, my Aubrey.”

I looked up in the direction of the door and the bride entered first with a bridesmaid following her.

“Benjamin Knight.” At that point my heart stopped. I forgot to breathe as the woman who entered as the bridesmaid is very much familiar to me and the name that Gd just uttered is the father of the very same woman I am seeing in front of me.

That's her.

Viviana Knight.

I couldn't bring myself to utter a single word.