9 : 'and flashbacks hurt'

CHAPTER 9

VIVIANA KNIGHT

"I think this much will be enough for the opening ceremony." I said, sensing what he was about to do.

He stopped.

My eyes stayed on his while he stared back at me. At that moment, I forgot every pain I went through. I was just lost in those brown orbs, wishing the guy to be mine. Having the urge to hope again that he can be mine. His arms felt so warm around me.

I placed my hand on his chest, trying to push him away from me. He held my waist tightly keeping me in position.

"Don't move." He commanded.

"Why?"

He remained quiet for a while then answered "I don't know. Just want to hold you."

My heart almost stopped at that moment.

"Xavier, let go of me."

His hold tightened. "You are warm."

"We need to practise."

"We are practising."

"Standing still in each other's arms is not practising."

"But if it makes you feel good then it's mind's peace."

"It shouldn't feel good to hold a slut in your arms."

He sighed "I did not call you that."

I smiled "Of course. You say so many things to me and in the end the conclusion is you didn't call me a slut.... Let go of me."

He removed his hands from me. I turned back to leave but he held my hand, pulling me to one corner of the room and pinned me against the wall.

"What do you think of me? A few days ago you were luring upon me and-"

"Because I was a stupid to think you were a good person. Everyone told me you are a good guy but look at you. Maybe right now I hate you the most in this world."

He sighed and stood in front of me with a calm face. "Usually I don't lose my calm but with you it just takes me a few minutes to get angry."

I get you angry???

Bloody arrogant ass.

Before I could fight him he said "Listen to me. Calm yourself and listen."

I stopped and focused on what he had to say.

"I never called you a slut. I don't like when you smile for someone else but around me you are insecure of yourself. I want you to be who you are around me. I want to know you Viviana but you never let me because... all the time you are busy pretending to be someone I want. I don't want that. I want to know you.... Viviana Knight."

Why does he know so much? And how?

I agree I am trying to change myself. I am trying to be the person I am not for him.

"You want to know me?" I asked. My eyes damn sure were asking for confirmation.

He smiled and placed both hands on the wall on either side of me, his face closer to me.

"Yes Viviana. I want to know you."

Is this the real Xavier? The one I have always wanted to know?

"But... we will be friends... nothing more than that."

He took his steps away from me and exited the room. I placed my hand over my chest and felt my heart beating rapidly.

I ran out of the music room for my hostel. As I reached the hostel, my first instinct was to run to Abby's room.