37 : "I got trust issues because people got lying issues."

CHAPTER 37

VIVIANA QUINN

It has been long since I visited Mumma so today after work here I am sitting in the garden with Mumma and telling her everything that happened in these few days.

"Seems like my baby got what she wanted." She said after I told her the Xavier story.

"I agree but Mumma, this marriage isn't going anywhere. After 5 months it's the end."

"Does your father know about you guys being in the same University?"

I nodded "But he doesn't know about the love thing."

"He loves you, you love him. What's the problem here, Viv?"

I took a deep breath "His grandfather. Mumma, that man hates our family. I was able to win everyone's heart in his family except Gd. He's just so difficult."

"So Xavier is doing what his grandfather wants?"

I nodded "His plan is to hurt Dad through me. Xavier respects his grandfather, he would never choose me over him."

"Just that?"

"He thinks that because of Dad his family had to suffer and the pain that his Mum went through, he wants me to go through the same pain. He is making me suffer so Dad can suffer."

"What is he doing to you exactly, Viv?"

"He is trying a lot to hurt me but then he fails miserably. One moment he tries to act like he doesn't give a fuck about my existence and the very next minute he is like 'fuck I shouldn't have said that'."

She laughs "What kind of confusion is this Viv?"

I laughed with her, "I don't know Mumma."

She stared at me for some time and asked "Are you really happy with everything?"

I could feel tears in my eyes "Why would you ask that?"

"Because my baby is not used to bearing rude behaviour."

I stood up from my seat and sat on her lap, hugging her and crying like a child.

"I love him, Mumma. I love Xavier a lot. I-I thought that it's been years so my obsession for him has decreased but it hasn't. I still love him the way I used to and it is so sick."

"It's alright baby. It's absolutely okay." She cooed while caressing my back.

"I do not want to get closer, it will just hurt me. I feel pathetic for loving the person who wants to destroy my Dad."

She hugged me "Love does hurt sometimes kid, but it is the sweetest gift."

"Love is not for me Mumma. It's not. All the time it's me who is hurt. Everytime. And I am tired of getting hurt."

"There are always struggles when you have to make something permanent in your life and once the struggles are over you'll be the happiest person."

"Why did he come back, Mumma? Why? He didn't have to."

"What's going on here?" Dad came in the garden. Instantly I wiped my tears and smiled at him.

"Have you been crying?" He asked, scanning my face.

I shook my head.

"Yep. She's missing us." Mumma made up randomly.

"Oh dear. You do not have to cry about it. Come here. Stay with us whenever you want."

"Yeah. And now get up from my lap, you're too heavy."

"How could you, Mumma!"

She laughed and hugged me.