42 : Why do you like him? -"I don't know. He's just... I don't know."

CHAPTER 42

VIVIANA QUINN

When we returned to the mansion, he asked me to sit with him at the poolside. His head was resting on my lap, eyes were closed and I played with his hair. I was loving it, sitting in silence.

I could hear light snores, thinking he was asleep. I bent down and placed a soft kiss on his lips. When I pulled away, there was a slight change in his reaction. He had a smile on his lips.

Fuck he is awake.

I tried to ignore the fact that I know he isn't asleep. I mean why would I want to embarrass myself.

He took my hand and placed it on his hair, that's when I realised I had stopped playing with his hair.

His phone vibrated suddenly, that's when he opened his eyes and took out the phone from his pocket.

I saw the caller id... Anya. He tried his best to hide it from me but he failed because when she called a picture was displayed on the screen of him and Anya kissing.

For some reason, I am still insecure of Anya. Because I have tried to be like her since Xavier announced their relationship.

He picked up the call.

"Yes?"

She said something to which he went silent. He was listening to her quietly.

"Are you alright?" He said after a long silence. He sat up on the couch.

Is everything okay?

"Hello? Are you there?"

"I cannot do that, you know it very well. Where are you?"

"Okay, how about you lay down and close your eyes."

I bit my lips, looking down at my lap. He was treating her like a baby.

Okay stop. What is wrong with you Viv? She has some problems. She has an abusive boyfriend. Just shut up.

"I can't. How about tomorrow?" He asked.

"Yes."

"Okay. Sleep please." He hung up the call. "It was Mum, she was just not feeling good."

I nodded.

I mean, you didn't have to lie.

I got up from the couch when he held my hand "Where you going?"

"I'm sleepy."

"Already?"

"Yeah." I liked the way we were peacefully spending time with each other but then again not too close Viv. He's gonna hurt you.

I was leaving when he held my hand and stood in front of me. I had a questioning look, it looked like he was struggling to say something.

"I-It was Anya. Not Mum."

Why?

"Okay."

"Okay?"

I nodded "Okay."

He replied "Okay."

I waited for him to say something but he didn't. So I started again "Why?"

He scanned my face for a moment and it looked like something was going on in his mind.

"I didn't want to tell you because I know that you are insecure of Anya."

I-

How did he know?