30 : "I hate that I still want you to be a part of my life."

CHAPTER 30

VIVIANA QUINN

"Whatever happens, you and I can never be together."

"But I love you."

"We cannot, Viviana."

"Can I ask you something? Will you remember me?"

"Why don't you ask me why I am ending this when I promised that I would talk to Dad?"

"Because it's destiny."

Mum bursted into laughter as I was telling her the story of Xavier and I getting apart. Actually I was copying our dialogues in a funny way.

We were seated outside the house at the poolside.

Yep. We have reached a phase where she asked me to call her 'Mum'.

"What was that? It's destiny?" Again she laughed.

"I was 20, that's all I could think of." I tried defending myself.

She started laughing again.

"You know, I had a Xavier diary too."

"What's a Xavier diary?"

"I would write my feelings in it which is very depressing and totally about him."

"Aww. My son was an ass to you."

My eyes widened "Did you just curse?"

"Viv, I too am a person and yes I do curse."

"Jesus! You are so cool! I mean I curse in front of Mumma but I thought you wouldn't allow me to curse but damn I love you!"

She shook her head while smiling.

"By the way, not past. He is an ass. Present. Also future, he will always be an ass." I completed it.

"Really?"

"Yep." Fuck! That's not Mum. That's Xavier's voice.

I turned back to find Xavier standing at a distance with his hands in his pants pocket.

My eyes widened "Since when have you been there?"

"It's destiny." He answered and that's when I realised he has heard the whole conversation.

Mum laughed again "Your story is really emotional, Xavier."

Xavier went and took a seat beside Mum while I remained standing in my place.

"Ignore what she says, she's a baby." He commented, scanning me from top to bottom.

"I am not!"

He ignored me. Mum kissed him on his cheek and said "Well, she is your baby now. So pamper her like yours."

He looked at me while I was glued to my place, biting my lips.

"I wish I could." His voice almost went inaudible.

Mum looked at Xavier with a sad smile on her lips "Once you have freshen up, come to my room. We need to have a conversation."

He nodded and she got up "Both of you, spend some time together. I'll leave."

And she left, leaving me alone with the devil.

I fidgeted with my fingers, not knowing what to say or do.

"Come here." That was an order which I shouldn't be following but I don't know why my legs automatically carried me to him.

I stood in front of him.