Chapter 4

KAIA

Amy suddenly linked her arm around mine when we arrived at the party. The flickering flames danced high into the night sky, casting an enchanting glow over the surrounding trees.

The party was already in full swing, with people gathered around the massive bonfire, their laughter, and the beat of the music filling the air.

There was an infectious energy pulsating through the crowd as people swayed to the music, drinks in hand, their faces illuminated by the warm, golden light of the fire.

It was a scene straight out of a movie, and I couldn't help but feel a thrill of excitement coursing through me as I took it all in.

But what truly took my breath away was the sight of the dark lake shimmering beyond the bonfire. I hadn't noticed it at first, so caught up in the fun happening all around us, but now that I saw it, I couldn't tear my eyes away.

Some people were sitting at the edge of the lake, laughing and talking, adding an extra layer of fun to the already exciting atmosphere.

When Amy told me where the party was being held, I didn't expect it to be right off campus. I thought it would be somewhere else in town but it was a good thing it's only a fifteen-minute walk from where the dorms are.

"I'm going to get us some drinks. Do you want anything else?" Amy asked with excitement dancing in her eyes.

"Just the drinks, please. No alcohol for me." She smirked before walking away.

The only reason why I asked for no alcohol was because I never trusted myself around it these days. I've had my fair share of crazy drunk episodes in high school so I wasn't going to repeat those same shenanigans here.

Being a lightweight is a complete nightmare, to be honest.

I waited by the side while taking in the scene in front of me. My hands were deeply buried in the pockets of my jacket. Amy had helped pick out an outfit for me tonight.

Tight skinny jeans, a cute white tank top, plus a denim jacket and black ankle boots. In all fairness, I look pretty cute tonight with just a casual outfit.

Casual was more my style. Whereas Amy got the complete opposite. She went all out tonight in getting ready where her outfit turned out to be a cute red mini dress with spaghetti straps and high-heeled boots plus a black leather jacket.

She looked way too hot to be at a normal bonfire party.

Five minutes later, she returned with two red solo cups in her hands. Hers was filled with alcohol, mine was filled with coke.

Ten minutes after standing around, she turned to me with a bored look on her face.

"This party sucks, there's not a single hot guy anywhere."

I chuckled and glanced around.

"What do you mean? There are so many cute guys around. Just look."

She rolled her eyes but glanced anyway.

"Yeah, but they're all your type of cute. Not my type of cute."