Chapter 5

ADRIAN

I walked out of the lecture hall with a heavy sigh along with the hundred other students who were also dying of boredom during class.

I shoved my hand inside the pocket of my hoodie and strolled down the hallway, heading outside to get back to my room and take a nap.

The class was boring, everyone was boring, hell, even life was starting to feel boring.

There's nothing fun to do anymore around here and I've run out of options already. My phone suddenly pinged with an incoming notification and I pulled it out of my pocket and switched on the screen.

To my disappointment, it was only a reminder on my calendar that I've got tutoring sessions at noon with two students.

I guess I won't be getting any naps today since I've only got an extra hour to get ready before meeting up with the first student at the library.

My mind suddenly wandered to Kaia Lilian and how our first tutoring session went. It's funny how I'm suddenly reminded of her when I barely see her around campus or in class.

Now that I think about it, we actually don't have any classes together which makes sense, otherwise, I would've known she existed. Besides, I never forget a pretty face.

I wonder what program she's doing.

"Adrian!" I paused and turned around to see the person calling my name.

I grinned at Amir making his way towards me while trying not to bump into the students that were in his way.

"What's up, dude?"

He slightly narrowed his eyes at me before pulling out a folder from under his arm and flipping it in my way.

"What's this?" I asked while curiously staring at the folder in his hand.

"Your research assignment for that stupid class that you hate. I finished it for you."

Now this is one of the perks of having a smart roommate. The respect I hold for this dude is unmatched.

"Sweet, thanks," I replied with a genuine smile before taking the folder from him.

"Does this mean we have a deal, then? You won't be coming back to the dorms tonight, because I need the room to myself from eight to eleven p.m."

I chuckled and he walked by my side as we left the school building and crossed the lawn outside.

"Relax, dude. I'll be out all night having dinner with my parents, so the room is all yours."

He started smiling with a relief expression on his face.

"Just please be decent by the time I get back," I added and earned myself a slap on the chest.

"We're just going to be studying."

"That's where it always starts and later ended up fucking on the bed." He groaned and I laughed at him.

"Just text me when you know it's about to happen so that maybe I can sleep somewhere else tonight."

He stopped in his tracks and I also did before looking back at him.