Chapter 18

KAIA

Right after finishing my classes for the day, I quickly went back to the dorm room to get changed. After some Instagram stalking and a little bit of F.B.I. investigation that I did on my own, I managed to find out from one of Callum's close friends that they would be at a bowling alley tonight.

According to some other friend who was already there right now, they dropped the location on their Instagram story, which made it easier for me to track them down.

God knows how many bowling alleys there are in this city. If I hadn't seen the location, I would've driven myself crazy, tracking down every single one until I found them.

I put on a cute dark brown dress with a black denim jacket and a pair of black ankle boots.

I did my hair and a little bit of makeup before leaving the school campus. I had no car, and Amy took hers to the gym, so I decided to Uber to the bowling alley.

It was a long, twenty-minute drive from school to there. I walked inside and found it already crowded. The sound of bowling balls hitting the bowling pins rang loudly in the air.

I quickly exchanged my boots for a pair of bowling shoes while scanning the area to find Callum and his friends.

It took me three minutes to finally spot them. They were occupying two booths near the end of the room. Their spot was a bit crowded with girls and boys mixed together, and I finally spotted Callum amongst them.

He was more good-looking in person than I could tell. He smiled and was talking to one of the guys sitting in the booth with his arm wrapped around some girl.

My heart started to pound faster when my nervousness finally kicked in. This was going to be a bit difficult since I don't do well with crowds.

I was hoping I'd find him alone, but, I guess, luck was not on my side today. But this was my only chance to make my move, and it had to be done today.

After inhaling a deep breath, I slowly walked towards them. I stopped at the rack near their side and pretended to look for a bowling bowl to pick out.

I noticed Callum started making his way towards the rack as well, and I waited out for another few seconds till he was close enough.

When he finally reached the rack, I quickly pulled out a bowling bowl and pretended to almost drop it.

He quickly caught it with both hands before it hit the ground. His eyes finally met mine, and then he chuckled before slowly passing them back towards me.

"Gotta be careful with these things. You could hurt yourself if you drop it anywhere near your foot." He said coolly.

I smiled and balanced the ball in the palm of my hands, which weighed like a ton of bricks by the way, and tucked my hair behind my ear.