Chapter 30

KAIA

Callum's behavior had pissed me off so much that I decided to cut the date short and go back to my dorm room.

My mood had completely turned sour when we ran into Adrian and Nate after the game tonight. Plus, Callum taunting him the entire time had gotten under my nerves.

I called an Uber and went back straight to my dorm room. I texted Amy along the way to check if she was there and was still awake, but I haven't received any response from her yet.

Part of me was annoyed with the way Adrian had reacted to Callum's teasing and remarks earlier, but I wouldn't blame him.

Callum has always been an asshole, and tonight he got to show me just how much of an asshole he could be.

As for the other part, I still worry about what happened to Adrian during the game. We all saw how hard he hit his head on the ice, so I can't help but wonder if he's feeling okay despite his angry reaction a couple of hours ago.

The Uber finally arrived back on campus, and I stepped out of the vehicle with an exhausted sigh. I closed the door, and the Uber left.

I stood on the same spot for a few seconds, trying to clear out my head and enjoy the cool breeze outside, before finally heading inside the building.

I walked straight towards the elevator and pressed the button on the wall. My dorm room was on the third floor. Once the doors finally closed, I leaned my head back against the wall and stared at the ceiling.

I am so looking forward to a nice warm shower before going to bed and sleeping this off. Hopefully, tomorrow, I might be able to forget tonight's turn of events.

The elevator door opened, and I had arrived at my floor. I fished out my room keys from my bag and unlocked the door before going inside.

Darkness immediately greeted me, showing signs that Amy was obviously not here. I didn't bother turning on the lights; I just lazily strolled towards my own bedroom, looking forward to that shower.

But suddenly, the lamp in the living room area switched on, and my heart jumped in surprise when I saw a dark figure sitting on the armchair, directly facing me.

Alarms started going off in my head in panic; my heart was in my throat, and I froze in shock.

Two things: this could either be someone I know playing a sick prank on me or this is an intruder that is about to do something really, really bad.

"Who...who are you?" I called out to him.

He didn't respond, and I slowly took a step backwards, and my back hit the countertop.

He slowly leaned forward, revealing his face under the light, and my heart dropped when I saw who it was.

"Fun night?" Adrian asked, his voice dropping an octave.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I quickly confronted him, my guard already down after discovering it was only him.

"I asked you a question."

I looked at him in disbelief.

"Are you serious right now? You need to answer my question first, or else I'm calling campus security."