Chapter 12

KAIA

The next morning, after I finished with my skincare routine, I left the room and went downstairs in case Mrs. Levont needed any help with breakfast.

Amy was still fast asleep, and there was no doubt she would be waking up soon because the girl was not a morning person.

I walked down the staircase and was greeted with a sweet aroma in the air. I glanced towards the kitchen area and found Mrs. Levont standing beside the stove, talking to Adrian's friend, Nate, who was sitting on a counter-height stool facing her.

Mrs. Levont looked up and saw me descending the staircase, and her face lit up with a smile.

"Morning, sweetie. Sleep well last night."She asked cheerfully, and I returned the smile.

"Yeah, I did. The room was very nice, Amy, and I loved it."

She grinned, and I pulled out a stool and sat next to Nate, who immediately smiled at me.

"Hi." He greeted me softly.

"Hey."

"Just give me a minute, darling; I'll fix you a cup of coffee too." Mrs. Levont said, and I happily nodded.

I glanced towards the breakfast she had already prepared and served on the countertop. My mouth immediately watered at the sight before me.

She made sandwich toast, fried eggs, and bacon with side avocados. Plus, fresh lime juice is already prepared on the side.

"What's your major?" Nate asked after taking a sip of his coffee

"Um, Business English in Marketing and Sales." He raised a brow in surprise.

"Nice."

I nodded, and Mrs. Levont suddenly turned back to us, with a piping hot cup of coffee in one hand. She placed it in front of me and smiled.

"Here's your coffee, darling."

"Thank you." I replied with a smile, and just as I was about to reach for it, someone appeared by my side and snatched it within my reach.

"Thanks for the coffee, Mom." Adrian said and slid on the stool, a couple of steps away from Nate and me.

I bit back a frustrated groan and shot him a side glare. Mrs. Levont narrowed her eyes at him too before giving me an apologetic look.

"I'll get you another one, sweetie." She told me, and I shook my head while getting off my seat.

"It's okay, Mrs. Levont. I can do it myself."

She smiled at me, and I walked around the counter to make myself another cup since the asshole here just took mine without asking.

Jerk!