Chapter 32

KAIA

"Remind me why we're here again."

Amy chuckled and hooked her arm around mine before pulling me closer to her side.

"You only live once, right?" She replied teasingly, and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"I know I said that's like my motto of the year, but that doesn't mean you can drag me to every party you've been invited to. I have a life of my own, you know."

She turned her head towards me and rolled her eyes right in my face.

"Yes, I know. Which is why you need to get out more, take a break from your books and your fictional men, and have more fun."

She started to pull me towards the frat house where the party was held, and I tried to brace myself back from letting her pull me along.

"I can have fun on my own." I protested weakly, which earned me a scoff.

"Sure, you do."

I reluctantly followed her inside the house. The minute we entered the room, the smell of alcohol, cigarettes, perfume, and bodies rubbing against each other immediately hit me.

The house was crowded, and the party was in full swing with boys and girls that filled every corner of the house, drinking, laughing, talking, singing, and dancing.

I let Amy lead the way further inside the house till we found another room where all the drinks and snacks were. A group of girls were doing shots on one side, and the rest were just standing around and having fun.

"Pass me two of those!" I heard Amy yell at someone.

Some guy was standing behind the countertop, and I watched him grab two red Solo cups and fill them with alcohol from the keg below him before passing them over to Amy.

She turned around to face me with a huge grin on her face and gave me one of the cups.

"Drink up, bitch. Cheers to college life!"

She didn't even give me a chance to say anything before briefly pushing her own cup against mine and chugging down the whole thing from the cup.

I watched in astonishment when she finished her whole drink without missing a beat. She placed the cup away, wiped her lips with the back of her hand, and turned back to me.

Her eyes fell straight to the drink in my hand before she glared at me.

"Don't make me force you." She warned with a straight face.

I glanced at the cup and then at her before slowly lifting it to my lips and taking a sip. But of course, I barely swallowed a few drops before the bitch decided to tip the bottom of my cup and almost made me choke the whole thing down my throat.

"Jesus, Amy." I cried out while wiping the side of my neck where I had spilled my drink a little bit.

"Much better," she replied while laughing.

I shook my head with a smile and carefully finished my whole drink this time. Ten minutes later, I found myself dancing in the middle of the room with Amy and two other girls I didn't even know.

Alcohol has a way of working fast on me, so it didn't take very long to lose control and join in on the party.

I could feel eyes on me, but I couldn't blame the others in the room for staring because of the way Amy and the other girls were doing a bit of dirty dancing on each other.

I didn't mind.

It was fun to mess around for a little bit. Especially with the way Amy was running her hands up my waist while I slide down her body, making sure to hold eye contact with the guys watching from across the room, wishing they would join us right now.

I stopped, turned around, and pulled Amy closer so I could speak in her ear.

"I'm going to go get another drink!" She pulled away and nodded her head.

I walked away from the middle of the room, stumbling my way through and past the rest of the partygoers till I made it back to where the drinks were.

The same guy who was attending to the keg was still there. His eyes lit up when he saw me, and he immediately reached for a new cup.

"Thirsty?" He asked me while smiling, and I grinned back.

"Very." He shook his head and filled the cup right to the brim.

I glanced around the room, and when I turned back towards him, my eye immediately caught him dropping a small white substance in the cup.

"What'd you put in there?" I quickly asked, my mood souring after realizing what he just did.

"A little candy." He answered with a smirk.

He passed me the cup, but I just stared at it without taking it.

"Did you just drug my drink?"

He burst out laughing.

"It's not a drug. It's actually just candy, look."

He quickly reached into his back pocket and pulled out a small red packet of candy, similar to a packet of Skittles.

"So it's not a drug?" He shook his head.

"It's better than a drug, actually. You'll feel the hit soon, but it'll quickly pass, and then you'll be sober straight after. I figured you'll need it if you don't want to stay drunk the entire night."

I quickly grabbed the cup and narrowed my eyes at him.

"Thanks. But don't ever do that again."

"Yes, ma'am." He immediately said while the smirk was still visible on his face.

I rolled my eyes and finished the whole drink in one go. I just hope he was right about getting sober straight after.

But how will I know when the damn thing finally starts to take effect?

OoO

Oh God.....

My head hurts. My stomach hurts. My whole freaking body hurts.

What the fuck did he actually put in my damn drink?

My stomach started to churn painfully again, and I leaned over my knees and hugged my arms closer to my body.

I am still at the party, in the same house, but now I am sitting at the staircase, worried that if I move a single muscle, I might actually throw up right now.

I can't find or see Amy anywhere, and my head is spinning so fast that I can't even see straight anymore.

Oh fuck. This is not my night.

I leaned my head against the wall next to me and closed my eyes, wishing I was somewhere but here right now.

I felt someone's presence as they walked by me by the stairs, and then suddenly, they stopped right in front of me.

I slowly opened my eyes and frowned when I couldn't make out what the person looked like because my vision was blurry.

I leaned up straight and blinked a few times to see them, and I immediately recognized his blue eyes.

"Oh God, go away." I mumbled weakly before closing my eyes and leaning to the side against the wall.

"Are you drunk?" he asked.

His voice and tone carried no hint of drunkenness at all.

"No, maybe, but I don't feel good right now."

My eyes flew open in surprise when I felt a warm hand pressing against my forehead.

I looked at him and blinked a few times, only to be hit with confusion when I saw the look of concern on his face.

"You're burning up." He stated with a hint of worry in his tone.

He removed his hand and suddenly stared at me.

"Were you already sick before you came to the party?"

I slowly shook my head, still confused and surprised by how he's acting right now.

"How much did you actually drink tonight?"

I shrugged and silently squirmed in pain, which he immediately noticed judging by the look on his face.

"A lot, I guess?"

"Jesus, Kaia. Why do you even do this to yourself knowing you're a fucking lightweight?"

I bit back on my response and glared at him.

"I don't expect you to care that much. So, fuck off."

He sighed, and his eyes suddenly softened before he placed his hand on my knee. I stared at his hand, wondering how that mere physical contact could easily burn up my entire body, as if I'm not feeling that way already.

"Let's get you some water, and I'll drive you back to your dorm room."

I reluctantly let him pull me up by the arm, and we slowly walked down the stairs with my arm around his neck while his was around my waist to hold me for support.

"Oh God, I feel like I'm about to throw up."

"We're almost there, baby; just a couple more steps." He quickly assured me.

I closed my eyes; the room was spinning too fast now, and I released my whole weight onto Adrian, and he barely caught me on time.

"Jesus Christ." He muttered irritatedly while grabbing my waist to keep me from collapsing on the floor.

"He said it'd make me sober by now, but the fucking pill is not even working." I mumbled under my breath.

"What? Who said that? Kaia, what pill are you talking about?"

It took me a moment to realize that we had stopped moving, and Adrian was fully staring at me, waiting for me to answer.

"The guy standing by the keg. He slipped some candy in my drink and said it would make me feel okay again."

"And you just took it?!" He suddenly yelled.

"He said it would make me sober, so yeah, I did."

He scowled at me, and his hand around my waist suddenly tightened. I blinked and saw he had looked away to the side with his jaw tightly clenched, which means he was pissed.

But for what reason? I'm not sure.

"Take her to the car. I'll be back in a few minutes." I heard him say to someone.

I opened my eyes and found myself being pushed into someone else's arms. I tilted my head back and saw it was Nate.

"Uh, okay, but where the hell are you going?" He questioned Adrian.

I turned my head back and also looked at him, only to find that he was already staring at me. His face is completely void of any emotion, but the tick on his jaw says enough.

"Need to take care of something." He answered before walking away and getting swallowed by the crowd.

He was the last thing I saw before darkness clouded my vision and my knees gave way beneath me.

A/N

Hello everyone, it's been a while. Sorry, I've been M.I.A. for a while now; writer's block got the best of me. But rest assured, I am all better now, and thank fuck, I managed to find a way to reignite that spark again so I can finally finish the book.

Also, college life is pretty amazing. I've been having a lot of fun these days, which is causing distraction from writing books. (Fingers crossed I'm not pregnant).

Anyway, I'll make sure to update frequently, so please stick around, vote for the chapters you like, and leave your feedback in the comments section as well.

Byeeeee.

Xo Lucy