Chapter 21

KAIA

I finished highlighting the last paragraph of the reading assignment I was doing for one of my classes, and right after I capped the highlighter, I heard the door open and slammed from outside my bedroom.

I looked up and counted down to five seconds. I barely finished with three when my bedroom door suddenly opened, and Amy braced herself at the doorway. A smirk was already plastered on her face.

"Get up; we've been invited to a sorority party tonight." 

An automatic groan of refusal immediately left my mouth, and I turned away from her, flipping on my back and holding my book above my face to finish reading.

But the book was suddenly pulled out of my hands, and Amy's face hovered over mine.

"Don't give me that look. Everyone deserves to have fun every once in a while. If you miss out, you'll grow old, time will quickly fly by, and you'll end up in an old people's home regretting that you never spent your teenage years doing fun things." 

I narrowed my eyes at her. "I'm okay with that."

She groaned and sat by my side, and I propped my elbows behind me and leaned up to face her.

"Please? It'll be fun, I promise." She pleaded desperately.

"I have an important lecture to attend tomorrow. I don't want to miss it by staying out all night and partying with a bunch of sorority sisters."

She chuckled and playfully snacked on my arm.

"First of all, everyone in school is invited according to their invitation flyer. Second, you won't miss your lecture. We'll set a curfew and come back here, I promise."

The curfew idea wasn't so bad. But still! I can't be tempted that easily. I have homework to do. This is starting to become a really bad habit.

"I have a reading assignment to do, Ames. I don't have the time to go out and party."

She went silent, and I stood up from my bed with my books. I walked towards my desk and placed them there, and when I looked up in the mirror, I caught her sulking on the bed while playing with the rings around her fingers.

I turned around to face her again while folding my arms together.

"Are you seriously doing this?" 

She slowly looked up and gave me a small smile while lowering her head again.

I rolled my eyes and leaned back against the table.

"What do I get in return?" I asked playfully while looking away to the side.

I could see her lighting up with happiness from my peripheral vision.

"I'll take you book shopping this weekend and buy all the books you want. Plus, a huge box of chocolates and M&M." 

My head immediately snapped back in her direction, and she raised her brows suggestively at me.

"You had me at book shopping." 

She squealed excitedly while jumping off the bed and throwing her arms around me. 

"It's a deal!" I yelled over her head, and she continued giggling like a little girl on crack.

"It's a themed party, by the way." She said this after hugging me.

"What theme?" Her eyes immediately sparkled with excitement.

"It's the Angel in Red and the Devil in Black Night." 

I frowned in confusion.

"The what?" She rolled her eyes and started pulling me towards my closet.

"Whatever. Let's just find something red for you to wear."

Agreeing to go to the party had nothing to do with my having weak willpower. I only agreed because I cared about Amy and I was her only friend. 

Parties were her thing, but she won't actually make an appearance at those unless she has someone she trusts by her side. 

It was me, apparently.

We always look out for each other, but of course, it would be in different ways. Sorority parties were not my idea of fun, but it was Amy
's thing, so we might as well have a little bit of fun while we're there.

OoO

The Ivywood Manor is one of the popular girl sorority house on campus. I was struck with awe when we arrived at the house and saw how beautifully done the decorations were.

They really put the red and black theme into everything. It was perfect yet terrifying at the same time.

Every single female was wearing red and the guys had on different outfits but all in black. 

Amy wore a sexy red dress with a lacy scarf thingy that wraps around her neck and falls behind her back. She wore her hair down and her makeup was on point with all the smokey eye and stuff that made her look really pretty.