Chapter 22

•KAIA•

Two cups. Five shots. One bottle.

That's how much I've consumed in one night. Usually,  I've been good at avoiding alcohol to stay out of trouble, yet tonight, I had completely lost my grip on my sobriety.

I don't know how long I've been standing in this corner or what time it was, but I was aware that it was late.

Amy and I had agreed to set the curfew at midnight. This works well for me, since I'll be able to get a few good hours of sleep before my lecture starts tomorrow.

Getting drunk was not part of the plan. I don't even remember the reason why I even started to drink this much anyway. It was not a good sign for me.

Meanwhile, Amy was nowhere to be seen. I think she might've ditched me, but that wouldn't be like her. So, I'm guessing she's probably getting laid in one of the upstairs bedrooms with some guy she met here.

Probably the same one she had danced with, but I wouldn't know.

I would've gone looking around for her, but I didn't want to risk it. I'm completely drunk, and anyone could easily take advantage of me at any time.

So, I'll just stay in this corner.

An uncomfortable feeling stirred at the bottom of my stomach, and I squirmed against the wall.

God, not now; please not now.

My bladder felt like it couldn't take it anymore, and I closed my eyes and breathed deeply through my mouth.

Fuck, it's not working.

The hallway was crowded, and the bathrooms were probably upstairs. I weighed down my options within five seconds before I completely gave up and rushed down the hallway.

I pushed my way through the crowd, mumbling a chorus of 'excuse me' and 'coming through' before I eventually made it to the staircase.

A few people were lingering on the steps, and I ignored them while running up the stairs. My head suddenly bumped into a brick wall along the way, and I stumbled back, reaching out to the railway to steady myself.

I slowly looked up, and a realization suddenly hit me when I saw it wasn't exactly a wall but an actual person.

A very familiar person, to be exact.

I squinted my eyes at him to get a better look, and it took me ten seconds to finally realize why he looked familiar.

It was the same guy from before. The one who was staring at me in the kitchen.

He was standing at the top of the stairs, arms folded, head lowered, with his eyes looking down at me.

I looked away and stepped to the side to keep going, but at the same time, he also moved and blocked my way.

The buzz had completely gotten rid of all of my other emotions. I can't even feel mad at the guy for standing in my way while I'm battling an internal crisis within.

I stepped to the opposite side and proceeded to move upstairs, but he also made the same move and blocked me again.

I threw my hands up in exasperation and finally looked up at him.

"Do you mind? I'm trying not to release my bladder here."

He raised his brows, and even though I could not see his whole face, I bet he was smiling with amusement right now.

"Where's Amy?" He suddenly asked. His voice was muffled behind the neck gaiter, which covered his mouth.

"I don't know, man. Just move out of the way so I can find the goddamn bathroom."