Chapter 13

KAIA

"You're wearing....that?" I asked Amy while staring at her swimsuit with shock.

She did a little twirl in front of the mirror while smiling.

"What's wrong with it? I kind of like it." I frowned at her words.

"You do realize we're only going to be sunbathing by the lake. We're not doing a bikini contest like we're at the beach."

She angled her face toward me and playfully narrowed her eyes.

"I know. But is it sexy enough to impress Nate?"

I immediately frowned with confusion.

"Nate? Why would you want to impress your brother's friend?"

She smirked and threw her swimsuit on the bed next to me before answering my question.

"He's cute, and I like him. Plus, flirting with him would make Adrian mad, and I enjoy pissing him off till he finally snaps."

I gave her a long stare before looking away to the side. It's still weird to accept that they can't stand each other sometimes, even though they're literally brothers and sisters.

I shifted down towards the edge of the bed and picked up her black swimsuit to look at it more properly. It was a one-piece swimsuit with gold chains.

I don't even know what the Nate type is, but one thing I know for sure is that guys will never be able to take their eyes off Amy once she puts something like this on

She walked back inside the room, and I quickly dropped her swimsuit while pretending to stare at the wall.

"And this is what you're wearing." She exclaimed before dangling a small blue piece of clothing in her hands.

"What is that?" I asked in a state of shock.

"It's a bikini top. Have you not seen one before?"

I narrowed my eyes at her.

"I know what a bikini top is, Ames. But I can't wear that."

"Why not? It goes perfectly with your skin tone."

I jumped off the bed and walked towards her.

"It's not really something I'd wear."

She pouted her lips at me and threw her arms around my shoulder.

"Babe, you're gorgeous already. There's nothing about you to be insecure about. You've got a great body, and you need to flaunt it more often. It's what makes us women."

I pulled my bottom lip between my teeth, staring at the bikini top in her hands with uncertainty. Despite her advice, there was this deep sinking feeling inside me, dragging me down.