Chapter 7 Meeting Madam Marquis Dingyuan

Fu Lu carried a basket of persimmons and followed Xie Miao to Suxin Yuan to visit Madam Marquis Dingyuan. As soon as they arrived outside the courtyard gate, they saw five guards standing on each side. They were tall and brave, wearing black uniforms with red edges and swords on their waists.

Seeing strangers coming forward, the leader immediately held a sword in his hand and stopped them, "Who is coming?"

Fu Lu hadn't met with such an encounter before. Even though she was quite calm-minded, her calves felt weak. She looked at Xie Miao subconsciously and saw that her dark eyes were calm and she was acting as if nothing had happened. She felt inexplicably calmer.

Fu Lu smiled and said: "Brother, we are cousins ​​from the second family of the Cui Mansion in Dong Ning Fang. Cousin Cui Muli is on good terms with the third son of the Marquis Mansion. My Young Lady heard that Madam Marquis Dingyuan is here and came here specially to visit."

The guard looked the two of them up and down, "Second Young Master Cui's cousin?"

Fu Lu said: "That's right, please forward the message brother guard."

The guard was no stranger to the Second Young Master Cui of noble character. As for his cousin...he refused coldly without thinking: "Madam is resting and it is inconvenient to see guests. Please come back."

How could Fu Lu not understand that this was just shirking the matter? She hurriedly took out a purse from her sleeve and quietly stuffed it into the other party's hand, "Excuse me brother, just go and report it."

The guard blocked it with the hilt of his sword and said without mercy, "Please go back."

Fu Lu was embarrassed and held her purse at a loss. Seeing this, Xie Miao spoke softly: "Since Madam Marquis Dingyuan is resting, we will wait nearby and ask you to pass the message when the Madam wakes up."

After saying that, she led Fu Lu to the side and stood silently at the door like the ten guards.

The autumn wind blew slowly, making the ring around Xie Miao's waist jingle. The rising sun is tilting towards the west and a few birds flew through the light clouds back to their nests, their wings making a rustling sound.

Fu Lu glanced at Xie Miao again. She didn't understand why the Young Lady suddenly visited Madam Marquis Dingyuan and she didn't understand why the Young Lady insisted on waiting after being rejected.

Xie Miao had long expected that it would not be so easy to meet Madam Marquis Dingyuan but since she was determined to do something, she would not give up easily. With their different status, it was extremely difficult for them to get together by chance. If she didn't strive to see Madam Marquis Dingyuan this time, how could she have the chance to use the power of the worm?

When Hong Lan came back after finishing her work, she saw such a scene.

The girl's back is very straight, her fair neck is slim and her chin is slightly raised. Her expression is calm and contented and she stands tall and graceful under the tree.

Hong Lan paused: Which family is this Young Lady from?

She glanced at the guard at the door, who hurriedly said: "Aunt Hong Lan, she claims to be the cousin of the Cui Mansion and the cousin of Second Young Master Cui. Hearing that Madam is here, she came here specifically to visit."

Just the cousin of Second Young Master Cui? Hong Lan was surprised and then realized: No wonder the guards refused to let her in.

"How long have they been standing there?"