Chapter 51 Coincidence?

The shadows of the trees outside the window were flickering, and the branches and leaves are rustling. A piece of pale cherry blossom entered the house in the wind, swaying gracefully, and finally rested on the chess game that had already decided the winner.

The two people's eyes touched lightly, either calmly or determined to win, neither of them was timid and flinched.

"Cui Er, I want to marry Xie Miao." Zhou Niannan repeated.

Cui Muli picked up the petal on his fingertips to look at it carefully, and then put it into his sleeve, "Have you thought clearly?"

Zhou Niannan responded, "My father has a great reputation in northern Xinjiang and holds 300,000 soldiers. If the Marquis Mansion has marriage connections with influential officials again, it will definitely arouse the jealousy of the Emperor. As a minister, the most fearful thing is to overwhelm the master with great achievements. Instead of doing something that will turn against him, it is better to use retreat in order to advance."

Cui Muli said: "There are many girls from ordinary families in the capital."

Zhou Niannan chuckled, "Who knows if there will be other forces behind them? It would be better to choose Xie Miao, who has no parents and is a distant relative of yours, so I have no worries."

Cui Muli seemed to have a calm mind and gentle attitude, "Do you like her?"

When asked the same question not long ago, Zhou Niannan categorically denied it. But now, he thought about it for a long time before saying: "You know, I have never been interested in women since I was a child."

Before meeting Xie Miao, he had no interest in women. After meeting her...

There are hundreds of women in the world, none like her. When getting along with her, even when he was scolded or beaten, he felt full of interest and never seemed to be disgusted.

A beautiful dream awakened the secret longing deep in his heart. He doesn't know when he started to treat Xie Miao——

"Cui Er." He said, "I want her."

Cui Muli looked at the emotion that was about to come out of his eyes, and rubbed the rim of the cup, with clear eyes, "The word love is about mutual consent."

Zhou Niannan smiled slightly, and then heard him say: "My cousin doesn't like you."

Zhou Niannan's face turned ugly and he stood up suddenly. As his brother, Cui Er should have worked hard to bring him and Xie Miao together. Instead he rejected his request for help after taking Xie Miao away at the Flower Festival banquet - more precisely, it was a test.

There's no need to guess why!

He gritted his teeth and asked: "Cui Er, when did you--" your heart moved towards Xie Miao?

Cui Muli looked down at him from a high position. Even though he was sitting, his momentum was not lost at all. "I have been with her day and night for four years. Is it strange?"

They had spent time together day and night, but he and Xie Miao didn't even exchange a few words in the past!

Zhou Niannan laughed angrily at his shamelessness, and paced back and forth anxiously. He said angrily: "When she wanted to please you, you avoided her like a snake or a scorpion. And now, now that I want to marry her, you have stepped in! Cui Er, you are too unethical!"

Morality?

Cui Muli said: "There are hundreds of families' daughters to ask for. Xie Miao doesn't like you."