Chapter 40 Give it a try

Cui Muli rested for two hours and then stood up. His handsome face was as calm as water, and all his thoughts settled down, turning into a dark and deep look in his eyes.

He opened his arms and let Qiao Mu put on his official uniform for him. After he was neatly dressed, he turned his head and said, "In the afternoon, send a message to Third Young Master Zhou for me and ask him to go to the Cloud Pavilion three days later to talk."

"Yes, I understand." Qiao Mu bowed and sent him out. As soon as he stepped out of the threshold, he suddenly remembered something, "Young Master, I forgot to tell you something. Yesterday, Miss Cousin returned home and sent someone to return the red ginseng, and, and..."

Cui Muli looked ahead, his footstep did not pause, "What is it?"

Qiao Mu peeked at him out of the corner of his eye, "There is also a hundred taels of silver notes wrapped in a red envelope."

"What words did she bring?"

Qiao Mu thought to himself: It's really amazing! How did the Young Master know that his cousin had something to say?

"Your cousin asked sister Fu Lu to give the message and said: Thank you for the red ginseng, Young Master. One hundred taels of silver is not enough to express respect. Please buy yourself a new set of clothes. If it is not enough, please pay for it temporarily and ask sister Fu Lu for it later."

After Qiao Mu finished retelling, he felt strange all over. How can you thank someone and give him money directly?

But he thought it was the right decision by mistake. Didn't Xie Miao just want to settle the money and goods and have nothing to do with him anymore?

In this regard, Cui Muli felt like a mirror. He didn't show any emotion or anger. When he raised his long eyelashes, the clear and unclear stars could be seen in his eyes. (t/n: the mirror reference refers to his thorough and clear observation and perception of people and things in front of him)

Who does she think he is? Get close if you want to get close, and stay distant if you want to stay away?

Since she had taken the initiative to taint him, now that she wanted to withdraw, she had to ask his opinion first.

Everything has its beginning, how can she do it as she pleases.

*

Speaking of Xie Miao, ever since she learned about the relationship between Sun Shenyuan and Cui Xining, she had been thinking about it and was very distressed.

Xining was the only friend who changed her mind and developed a good impression of her after her rebirth. Sun Shenyuan, by chance, was Qiaogu's biological brother. The two had a tragic love affair in their previous life. It was so tragic that she was filled with emotions everytime she recalled the memories.

Being rational, she wanted to persuade Xining to let go. However, judging from Xining's attitude... Xining would not be able to compromise easily unless she was in a desperate situation.

Xining looks gentle and dignified, but she has courage in her heart. She is eager to break out of the cage created by her father, even if she gives up her glory and wealth and endures hardships with Sun Shenyuan.

But no matter how deep the love is, it can't withstand the hardships of years of poverty. Xining, a wealthy young lady, is simply incompatible with the dilapidated house of Sun Shenyuan's family. Not to mention elopement... Xie Miao would never support her elopement with Sun Shenyuan!

Since they love each other, they have to be together openly. If Sun Shenyuan truly loved Xining, he would not want Xining to suffer hardships with him, but should hone his virtues and become an outstanding man who can match Xining.