Chapter 62 Regret

Guan Yuezhao is as beautiful as a flower. She was sent to the Huayue Tower since she was a child. Under the careful training of the Madam, she learned the ability to charm people. She has long seen how sanctimonious men can be. No matter how upright they are in front of others, they will always be lost in the land of gentleness secretly.

At the Right Prime Minister's promotion banquet, she met the Second Young Master Cui. As rumoured, this noble young master is a clean-living and honest man who was not close to women.

During the few meetings she had, Guan Yuezhao still harboured fantasies. If there was a chance in the future, she would try her best to have a romantic affair with him...

After all, she is pretty, could sing and dance well, and is good at the qin and rhythm.

Guan Yuezhao knows her identity very well. For a woman who came out of a brothel, true love was an extravagant pursuit. It would be better to pursue the pleasure of instant gratification. Before today, she had never thought there was anything wrong with such an idea, until she met the cousin of Second Young Master Cui in this small Yuyu Pavilion.

The girl was about sixteen or seventeen years old, wearing a light-coloured ruqi with a dark tapestry pattern and a criss-cross collar. Her appearance was beautiful, far from stunning, but her temperament was outstanding, steady and calm. She was no less impressive standing next to Second Young Master Cui.

Guan Yuezhao lowered her head and looked at herself.

She wore a chest-length skirt with red embroidered peach, plum and begonia patterns, a twisted gold bracelet on her wrist, and bright red danko on her fingertips. She was dressed exquisitely and her whole body was fragrant.

Compared with the girl's natural and unrestrained behaviour, she is very beautiful, but she reveals frivolity in every aspect.

Let's look at how Second Young Master Cui treated his cousin. He not only blocked her behind him and prevented Zhang Mingchang from speaking rudely to her, but also calmed her down without changing his expression after she laughed. It turns out that the cold and proud Second Young Master Cui can be so considerate and attentive when facing the woman he likes.

And Zhang Mingchang treated her... when he wanted to please her, he spent a lot of money on her, but when he turned around, he could send her to the banquet to serve others.

After all, it's just a plaything.

Guan Yuezhao suddenly felt a little envious.

We are both women, but the other party had a good birth and became the cousin of Second Young Master Cui, so she could get preferential treatment everywhere; but she has been living in the mud, and the people she comes into contact with on weekdays are all lustful and shallow people like Zhang Mingchang.

She lowered her long eyelashes to cover up her complicated eyes, and her thoughts drifted away uncontrollably: If there was a chance to be with Second Young Master Cui and get his favour, even just a little bit...

Xie Miao noticed her scrutiny, but she didn't know that Guan Yuezhao's inner activities were so rich. Unlike Guan Yuezhao, she was not curious about the other party's identity, and it had nothing to do with the rise and fall of Cui Mansion and Dingyuan Marquis Mansion.

And Zhang Mingchang...

Thinking of the troubles he and Cui Xijun would cause in the future, Xie Miao sighed softly.

What a hateful and pathetic guy.

*

The showers have begun to subside, the bamboo leaves are as green as new, and a rainbow leaps across the sky.