Chapter 97 Picking up the pace

Under this unnecessary tacit understanding, the two of them showed their disgust at the same time.

Then......

"I'm here to buy paper/I'm doing business."

...

Unlucky.

Xie Miao curled her lips and was too lazy to speak again.

Seeing this, Wen Rubin frowned and opened his mouth with an old-fashioned look, "Miss Xie, as a cousin of the Cui family, you have not only interacted too much with men outside, but now you are also out in public and doing business. It is really against the rules of women's virtue..."

It's coming, it's coming. Here we go again.

If she hadn't been concerned about his identity, Xie Miao would have wanted to find a stick to knock out this nagging Hanlin Academy editor. She and he are strangers and have never even laid eyes on each other before. Why was he so insistent on correcting her "undesirable feminine virtues"?

"Master Wen." Xie Miao interrupted with a smile, "It seems that after you and Miss Su broke off your engagement, you have become increasingly leisurely."

Wen Rubin didn't expect that she would retaliate. After being stunned for a while, his eyes were full of sourness and embarrassment.

He and Wanwan, he and Wanwan...

Xie Miao saw him being hit as she wished, but she didn't feel any pity in her heart: What a joke, who will pity her? Can she get better after being preached to by a stranger again and again?

Wen Rubin quickly regained his composure and was about to continue talking nonsense when he heard Xie Miao say seriously: "Master Wen, if you chat with me a few more words, I'm going to wonder whether you are a drunkard whose intention is not to drink, but..."

(t/n: the drunkard's intention is not to drink generally means that the original intention is not here but in other aspects, or there is an ulterior motive.)

Where?

Wen Rubin thought about it and thought that not only does Miss Cousin Xie not abide by the rules of women's virtues, but she was so shameless!

But in the meaningful eyes of the other party, he had no choice but to hold back his complaints and abruptly changed the subject, "Where's Manager Liao? Call him out. I have something to talk to him about."

To facilitate things, the paper mill has a manager named Liao who specializes in entertaining guests. But unfortunately, Manager Liao went out to do errands, and Fang Zhiruo went back to the house to sleep. Only Xie Miao could make the decision.

She said, "He's not here, just talk to me."

Wen Rubin subconsciously scolded: "You are a family's daughter, how can you negotiate serious business?"

Does this mean that she is only qualified to discuss informal business?

Most of the time, Xie Miao has a tolerant temperament and has no interest in arguing with others. However, Wen Rubin has made rude remarks many times, which would make even a clay figurine angry.

She closed the ledger and called inside, "Fu Lu, bring a broom and clean up the dirty things in the hall."

As the old saying goes, sweeping the floor when guests come is not a sign of diligence. On the contrary, it means...

Wen Rubin's eyes widened slightly, "You, are you driving me away?"

Xie Miao didn't speak, and her eyes said: Otherwise?