Chapter 90 Punishment

With Cui Muli taking care of the aftermath, Xie Miao saved a lot of effort.

She tidied up the situation and lied to Madam Xie that Meng Yuantang met a friend halfway, who picked him up to play in Jiangnan. Although Madam Xie felt it strange, she couldn't think of a reason for Xie Miao to lie, not to mention Cui Muli's testimony, so she quickly put the matter behind her.

Immediately, Madam Xie looked at the two of them meaningfully.

A few days ago, these two people were ignoring each other. How come they got together again in the blink of an eye?

Xie Miao felt uncomfortable being stared at, so she took the initiative to explain: "We happened to bump into cousin Cui when we were wandering around the city."

The direct and indirect meaning is that: Coincidence, everything was entirely accidental

But Cui Muli ruined the situation, "It's not a coincidence. I was worried that A-Miao was not familiar with the city. So I went out to look for them, hoping to show my friendship as a host."

Madam Xie's smile deepened, "Muli's injury has not healed yet, but you still think so considerately. It is really thoughtful." She glanced at Xie Miao and said lightly: "A-Miao, remember to stew a bowl of ginseng antler soup and deliver it to Muli's courtyard later."

Xie Miao immediately said: "Aunt..."

Madam Xie guessed what she was going to say and said lightly: "It's almost the middle of the month?"

Cui Muli didn't understand, but Xie Miao understood.

The middle of every month is the time when Xie Miao sees Madam Xie for money to support the Shuxiang Papermaking Workshop. For this reason, she listens to Madam Xie a lot.

Xie Miao swallowed the words of rejection and glanced at Cui Muli secretly: You already have the soup from Su Panyan, why don't you refuse it quickly?

Cui Muli understood and said with a smile: "Speaking of which, I haven't drank tonic soup in a long time."

Madam Xie was overjoyed: Does this mean that he has never used the tonic soup sent by Miss Su? There is hope, there is hope!

"Good boy." Madam Xie smiled brightly, "If you like it, ask A-Miao to stew it every day."

Cui Muli said: "Then I'll thank you for your trouble, A-Miao."

The mother and son were chatting happily, completely ignoring Xie Miao who was standing aside.

Xie Miao was helpless: ...Aunt, tell me the truth. Who is the one who is related to you by blood?

*

The two of them came out of Jiangjia Yuan and passed by the corridor. Xie Miao suddenly stopped and said, "Cui Muli, it is your job to catch criminals. Don't think that I will be grateful to you."

Cui Muli said: "Yes."

Xie Miao said: "I took the initiative to provide clues. Speaking of which, it is you who should thank me."

Cui Muli bowed his hands to her, "In ancient times, Wu Song fought fierce tigers with his bare hands, and now A-Miao has a clever plan to capture villains. Huaiyu feels deep admiration."

"..." No, why does this sound so weird?

Cui Muli saw her depressed face. His handsome eyes were smiling and he couldn't help laughing.

After taking another two steps, Xie Miao said: "I must declare in advance that the tonic soup is stewed by Fu Lu. Do you still want to drink it?"

Cui Muli said: "Drink." No matter who stewed the soup, it would always be delivered to Minglan Yuan through her hands.