Chapter 104 To keep her

After the heavy rain, the sky was bright and clear as if it was purified, but everything that happened in Jiangjia Yuan yesterday shrouded Madam Xie's mind like a haze.

No matter how she thought about it, it was like having a dream with ups and downs.

A young girl said she wanted to leave secular life and become a nun - she would never agree! A-Miao is the only bloodline left in the world between her brother and sister-in-law. She is the child she raised with her own hands and they depended on each other for life. Only by protecting A-Miao under her hand could she feel at ease.

Seeing that Muli knew about A-Miao's kindness, good things were about to happen, but A-Miao... but A-Miao...

Madam Xie was depressed, but contrary to expectations, she was in great health. Musheng's hundred-day banquet was imminent, so she couldn't abandon the things at hand and pretend to be sick.

She could only keep a cold face, refuse all Xie Miao's flattery, and ordered her servants to isolate her from the outside.

Yanzi and Rui Zhu had been with Madam Xie for many years, and they knew very well how deep the relationship between the aunt and niece was. When they saw the awkwardness between them, although they don't know the reason, they wanted to help and secretly let Xie Miao into the courtyard.

Xie Miao held a tray with a cup of lily sweet soup on it, and called out obediently: "Auntie."

Madam Xie sat at the table and opened the account book without raising her head, turning a deaf ear to this.

Xie Miao walked closer and said, "Aunt, this is the sweet soup I stewed myself. It tastes sweet and delicious."

Madam Xie pursed her lips tightly and glanced over the lines of black characters, unable to see clearly what was written on them.

Xie Miao sighed and put the tray aside. She held her hand and said coquettishly: "Aunt, don't be angry. If you continue to be angry, lines will grow on the corners of your forehead and eyes. My uncle will come to me to question me." As she spoke, she lowered her voice, and said in a rough voice, "A-Miao, your aunt was originally as beautiful as a flower, but she has aged ten years because of you. Tell me, are you guilty of a heinous crime that warrants the death penalty..."

Madam Xie couldn't hold it back and glared at her angrily, "You still have the heart to joke?!"

Xie Miao said innocently: "I just came in from outside. I didn't notice that the sky was falling or the earth was falling. Everything is still fine."

Madam Xie had difficulty breathing, this damn girl——

She stretched out her hand to push Xie Miao's forehead hard and cursed: "You have to make me angry to death!"

Xie Miao smiled and let her vent her anger, but as she did so, Madam Xie's anger turned into sadness. Tears fell down her cheeks and she hugged her tightly.

"A-Miao, tell aunt where you have been wronged, where you have been wronged?"

The Madam Xie in front of her was no longer the steady mistress of the Cui Mansion, but a twenty-six-year-old woman who loves her niece but is also terrified. She was deeply afraid that she had neglected her niece, which made her feel depressed and decide to escape into Buddhism.

Xie Miao leaned into her arms and said with a smile: "Aunt, why do you think that being a monk means you have been wronged? I feel that I am lucky to be able to listen to sanskrit in front of the Buddha."

Madam Xie said: "Don't try to sway me with your words. I can protect you now. Just tell me and I will send out all the people who bully you!"

Xie Miao took out the silk and wiped her tears, "You have been worrying about me for too many years. You should think about yourself. This huge Cui Mansion needs you, my uncle needs you, and little Musheng needs you too."